AEM or Ingen

andyd

Advanced Member
what is the best one to go for of these and where do i order them from.

Many Thanks

Andy

matt b

Advanced Member
andyd22 said:

Many Thanks

Andy
Ive had AEM on my S2000 and DC2 so id say go for that! They are both almost identical if I remember right. Both Cotten guaze and both in the wheel arch 8)

Funky product sell AEM and injen but sourcing from a US website will be cheaper

andyd

Advanced Member
matt b said:
andyd22 said:

Many Thanks

Andy
Ive had AEM on my S2000 and DC2 so id say go for that! They are both almost identical if I remember right. Both Cotten guaze and both in the wheel arch 8)

Funky product sell AEM and injen but sourcing from a US website will be cheaper
Nice one.

cheers
fella

Andy

SpeedWerx.net

ive seen and installed both. in my opinion the Injen is a better product, and MUCH easier to install. ive seen guys walk away bleeding after installing the AEM. haha

matt b

Advanced Member
SpeedWerx.net said:
ive seen and installed both. in my opinion the Injen is a better product, and MUCH easier to install. ive seen guys walk away bleeding after installing the AEM. haha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep done the same almost broke my nose taking the AEM of my S2000 and ripped my knuckes apart when putting one on my Teg!

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
Please stay away from all DC/AEM items for our cars. Thier quality has gone down hill since aem purchased DC sports. I am going through a headache regarding the DC race header and thier customer service is horrible. If you should have a problem with the AEM intake you will get the run around and get very very bad customer service.

Injen cold air intake is a very nice piece. I am running it on my car at the moment and it is amazing. Go with Injen. And on a plus side injen provides a brand new washer bottle that will allow the intake to fit.

Just remember please please stay away from DC/AEM products. Read my last thread regarding them and you will see why.

SpeedWerx.net

well i cant say all DC aem products are bad. i had the DC stainless race header on my DC5 for about 6 months before i upgraded to the Toda, but when i had it, i had no issues at all. only thing ive heard, is a few recent stories of the exhaust hanger breaking at the weld.

mikegsi

Staff member
i did a group buy on aem v1's for the ctr from here

http://www.showstoppersusa.com/

oredered 15 of them, took a month to arrive, bery friendly and helpful, if you end up ringing them ask to speak to chuck, tell him they've been recommended from the civic type r uk forum, he'll look after you.

dc5 is listed under acura rsx on here :D

Splink

Advanced Member
I had my injen come from the US yesterday .. will be fitting it the weekend. Its the *new type* model, how it differs from the old type i have no idea :)

Splink

Advanced Member
www.clubrsx.com

221 dollars + 140 dollars for shipping + 30 quid import duty

Worked out about 220 quid in all, and took 8 working days to get here, as soon as my credit transaction had completed. Pretty good considering.