AEM V2 not loud enough?

Saggy Ostrich

Hi guys,

Recently fitted an AEM V2 induction kit, but to me doesn't seem loud enough.

I had a K&N typhoon on my EP3 before I got the Teg and the induction noise was so loud especially on VTEC which I really enjoyed. The AEM seems very similar in design and placement so was expecting similar results.

Wondering if it's just quieter or could there be something I've done wrong when fitting it? Dont see how it could be though as it's just a direct replacement not much to it.

skengdR

Advanced Member
I recently installed an injen cai and I guess Ive got used to the sound rather quickly but I think it isnt very loud either.

My logical thinking is the cai's arent as loud as the gruppe m / teg m's due to the location

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
If you want loud, go for a gruppe m or tegiwa m.

It was so loud it caused me to get black flagged a few times. Tbh it gets a little annoying eventually imo. Or maybe I'm just getting old

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I assume this is the one that sit's in the engine bay up by the bulkhead? if so then I would have assumed it'd have been reasonably loud but it's poss not as loud as you was expecting, as said above if you want loud then you need to go for a gruppe m or tegiwa m.

If you do then I assume you wont be taking the car on track as you'll be black flagged pretty much everywhere on driveby.

I run the AEM long arm CAI in the bumper and I think its the perfect noise and volume and track friendly with low DB's on static and driveby.

lewis87

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I assume this is the one that sit's in the engine bay up by the bulkhead? if so then I would have assumed it'd have been reasonably loud but it's poss not as loud as you was expecting, as said above if you want loud then you need to go for a gruppe m or tegiwa m.If you do then I assume you wont be taking the car on track as you'll be black flagged pretty much everywhere on driveby.I run the AEM long arm CAI in the bumper and I think its the perfect noise and volume and track friendly with low DB's on static and driveby.
Is the gruppe M that loud on a drive by? 100db+? I love mine and I'm glad my local circuit (Knockhill) does not enforce any sound limits.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
lewis87 said:
Is the gruppe M that loud on a drive by? 100db+? I love mine and I'm glad my local circuit (Knockhill) does not enforce any sound limits.
I've been black flagged every time I've been Bedford with my teg m. People have at brands too. Hence why I went with a mugen intake. OEM fit and no noise issues (from either a rattley scuttle or induction notice haha)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
lewis87 said:
Only time I‘ve been on track in a car with it we were st brands and black flagged within mins mate, had to remove it for a mugen intake he had with him at the time luckily

Reggie91

Advanced Member
JordM31 said:
Bedford with Teg M was perfectly fine for me. Fujitsubo RM-01A catback
Thats my exact set up with a tegiwa manifold. I got black flagged on the GT circuit every time. However didn't on the SEN circuit.

JordM31

Reggie91 said:
Thats my exact set up with a tegiwa manifold. I got black flagged on the GT circuit every time. However didn't on the SEN circuit.
Strange, I was on the GT circuit too and didnt get warned about volume on track.
Doing the static noise test the guy said 'its not standard is it?' But it had still passed.