AEM V2

jammy84

Advanced Member
if i get an aem v2 whats the best way to get cold air to it? as it sits in the middle of the engine fully exposed. any suggestions?

Suped

Advanced Member
Drive about 60mph on the motorway without slowing down! :twisted: :lol:

jammy84

Advanced Member
Bought it at 9:00 2nyt thanks to Faz (Funkypower), fitted it by 10:00, took it for a spin and WOW what a difference. Love the noise especially VTEC and power increase very noticable. They quote 9bhp.

need to clean up all that part of my engine bay now, removing the big ass stock airbox reveals some old nasties lol

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
jammy84 said:
Bought it at 9:00 2nyt thanks to Faz (Funkypower), fitted it by 10:00, took it for a spin and WOW what a difference. Love the noise especially VTEC and power increase very noticable. They quote 9bhp.

need to clean up all that part of my engine bay now, removing the big ass stock airbox reveals some old nasties lol
Thinkin of gettin one.Pics or vid please?!

jammy84

Advanced Member
ill try getting some up. do i need photobucket or sumthin to put it up here>?

the only thing is theres no cold air intake for it which is quite strange, it sits at the back of the engine. you have to remove the original one which i didnt have neway.

mikegsi

Staff member
9bhp!!!

:lol: :lol:

best way to get cold air to it is to drive without your bonnet on, that should also help reduce the inevitable heat soak and actual reduction in power you'll experience..........

raz786

Advanced Member
lol the old debate is starting, you will get heat soak when your stationary, but whilst moving (which is when it's important) the AEM and others like it are fine ;)

osiras

Advanced Member
Hate to be the guy with bad news. But I very much doubt the aem v2 will give you 9bhp. I have only just got back from having my kpro set up. I have a aem long ram. So no heat soak at all. But I got quoted 10 bhp gains but the rolling road only showed 201 bhp before kpro And that's with dc manifold and izegan exhaust etc.

dave7368

Advanced Member
jammy84 said:
if i get an aem v2 whats the best way to get cold air to it? as it sits in the middle of the engine fully exposed. any suggestions?
get the AEM one that goes behind the bumper...... :-"

jay82

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
lol the old debate is starting, you will get heat soak when your stationary, but whilst moving (which is when it's important) the AEM and others like it are fine ;)
yea but the car feels dead for about five minutes after been stationary, the hotter the day the worst it will be
be ok with the weather now :lol:

raz786

Advanced Member
I honestly can't say it makes that much difference after being stationary for a while, for the difference of £500 it doesnlt make sense to get a Gruppe M for me anyway.