Aesthetic mods

wullie

Advanced Member
iv owned my teg now for 2yrs and all iv done to it is my induction kit. im looking at buying a set of coilovers to get the car a bit lower but im looking for ideas on simple but effectve mods to improve the look of the car. iv ordered clear repeaters too. iv seen some cars on here with some subtle mods that really transform the look of the car so im looking for advice and hints. was thinking debadge boot and some under bonner bling but im open to suggestions!

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
i debadged mine, and got the rear indicator red-outs. very subtle.

i also got rid of the side 'Type R' stickers.

There are the LED footwell lights too.

By the way, where did you order the clear side repeaters?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Lowered
Debadged / destickered
Rims
Grooved brake discs look really good
Tinted windows
Custom number plates / number plate holder
Clear / smoked indicators
Colour coded mirror surounds (the black plastic bits matched to the car colour)
Carbon wrap the scuttle pannels / window surounds

Thats all i can think of im sure there will be more. Would be a good idea to have a list like this with all Aesthetic mods people have done it would be a good reference for every body

shauny

I dont understand at all about the de-badge/de sticker thing.Looks way better with badges imo.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Alloys/rims change the whole look alot. Theres also the posbility of vinyl.

wullie

Advanced Member
thanks guys thats alot more than i expected! i didnt know you could get the indicator red outs for back lights, is it a kit or just lense tinting spray? iv had some bad experiences with that stuff in the past!

I'd love rims but for now its either coilovers or rims cuz cash is tight, i think cars with big wheels but not lowered look silly so im going for the coilovers first. if i take the badges off the boot are there any holes or anything i need to fill or is it a straight forward heat gun and T cut job?

the repeaters are

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

says they fit civics and integras.

i like the idea of vinyl but dont want to go OTT. iv got a couple stickers on my back window but thats about it. not sure where to look for vinyl ideas since when i search its usually full on race graphics or tacky 'lower than my sisters standards' stickers. since i cant afford rims i was thinking a red line round the rim of the standard wheel but not sure if this would look out of place.

iv got a private plate on my car and was thinking of relocating the front plate but iv no way of plugging the holes on front bumper (this is modding on a budget!)

jay82

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Colour coded mirror surounds (the black plastic bits matched to the car colour)
Carbon wrap the scuttle pannels / window surounds
any picks of this done :?:

redcap

Advanced Member
shauny said:
I dont understand at all about the de-badge/de sticker thing.Looks way better with badges imo.
Down to personal preference I suppose but if the are removed so is some of the authenticity imo. This is why i have left any and all Japanese stickers on the front and rear screens. It is what it is so why alter that?

Most cheap mods look exactly that and cheapen the look of the car. The factory styling and skirts of the pre-facelift still look the best. Definitely lower it first, if money is an issue why bother with coilovers? Why not go for springs camber adjusters and fast road set up? Wheels and exhaust are good mods. I'm starting to look at making the engine bay tidier, smooth cam cover and oil cap coming soon, just fitted a Spoon front strut brace.

wullie

Advanced Member
mainly because springs will only lower the car by 20 or 30mm and i was hoping for a larger drop than that. but you do make a fair point and maybe i should consider springs.

by cheap mods i meant small simple things that are effective, not throw on a set of cheap ebay lexus lights and ruin the car!

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
Mugen oil cap
clear side repeaters (£25)
Brilliant white LED side lights (£10)
Refurbished my gear knob (was scratched) chrome look.
Trying to get one of my headlights looking new, they dont match the now. wet n dry and plastic polish, not easy. May have to buy a new one from honda! :(
Sticky front plate (got rid of centre mounting one) Legal?
Wire mesh over radiator / fron bumper, cheap and easy!
Scrubbed all my interior, you would be amazed how red it is now!
Wired up my rear fog to my lights, i.e. no single unit required. Legal?

Got most of my ideas from this forum.

I fancy the red outs for the rear. Orange doesnt look good on black.
Going to refub one of my front calipers as its lost its laquer and its a bit pink :(
I also fancy front strut / rear braces but dont think they are cheap mods.

redcap

Advanced Member
I have done lots of little things like those mentioned. Cheap enhancements of the car.

Clear side repeaters.
Rad mesh in black.
Most minor bulbs, interior lights, side lights, number plate light changed to White led's.
Footwell led lights in blue wired to come on with the sidelights.
Rear fog's wired to use inner brake lights looks cleaner and is legal using 21W element. Also bought a Honda fog switch to replace the crap one the importer used.
Jazz washer jets.
Honda access start button. (Not cheap @ £99 but worth it)
JDM wind deflectors, improve the look of the car imo.

Under the bonnet.
K&N panel filter.
Spoon front strut brace. (£40 off eBay :D )
Spoon socks.

More engine bay bits on the way.
Spoon Oil Cap.
Smooth Can Cover, not sure what colour yet?
Battery Tie?
Induction Hose?
Coolant Hose?

Other more expensive mods.
Spoon Progressive Springs Camber Adjusters and fast road geo set up.
Spoon N1 exhaust cat back.
17 x 7 Kei Velocity Wheels in Grey, Volk CE28n replicas.

Still trying to decide to fit my sticky plate, put off by the potential of stupid police telling me it's illeagal when it's not.

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
where did you get you interior white LED's?

some nice subtle mods there, i defo fancy the red interior footwell lights after watching kickass. the Red Mist has a great set lol!

I would put the plate on as ive had no probs and even live next to a copper.

redcap

Advanced Member
BillyMcc said:
where did you get you interior white LED's?

some nice subtle mods there, i defo fancy the red interior footwell lights after watching kickass. the Red Mist has a great set lol!

I would put the plate on as ive had no probs and even live next to a copper.
Most of the bulbs are 501 wedge bulbs, Got the (side light, number plate and boot interior) bulbs here
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Festoon-LED-Bulbs/
The other interior bulbs i'm not sure of the type you need, the main cabin interior bulb I have a polarg bulb not led. Didn't bother with the glove box bulb.

Footwell lights from here
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=196426&hilit=footwell+light

Atreides

redcap said:
shauny said:
Down to personal preference I suppose but if the are removed so is some of the authenticity imo. This is why i have left any and all Japanese stickers on the front and rear screens. It is what it is so why alter that?

Most cheap mods look exactly that and cheapen the look of the car. The factory styling and skirts of the pre-facelift still look the best. Definitely lower it first, if money is an issue why bother with coilovers? Why not go for springs camber adjusters and fast road set up? Wheels and exhaust are good mods. I'm starting to look at making the engine bay tidier, smooth cam cover and oil cap coming soon, just fitted a Spoon front strut brace.
Absolutely bang-on replies...totally agree with these comments. Sorry fellas, but de-badging just looks chav, circa. 1990's :xtsk:.

We should be proud of these cars and their heritage. Leave the 'cleaning up' of the rear end to the 318i BMW boys, trying to pass off as M3's ;).

-Woody-

Advanced Member
How can de-badgin be 'chav'? Each to thier own, you put one modification on your car and can be classed as a chav by most people. I dont see how removing something can give that impression at all.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
-Woody- said:
How can de-badgin be 'chav'? Each to thier own, you put one modification on your car and can be classed as a chav by most people. I dont see how removing something can give that impression at all.
Well said Woody :)

I de-badged my own when i got it last year i think it makes the back much smoother looking

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Also debadging is not a cheap mod. It is guite expensive. The honda badge on the pack is pinned ointo the boot. Take it off. You need to get the pin holes filled sanded and boot resprayed. Cant see how that is a cheap mod.

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
the central Honda 'H' badge stays put.

the Integra badge and the TypeR badge are only stuck on with glue.

easy enough to remove.

makes the rear look neat and tidy in my opinion!