Aftermarket bonnet fitting help

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hi all,

So i'm just trying to fit an aftermarket bonnet and im having a little trouble. It seems as of I need to move the bonnet furthur down towards to front of the car so the pins line up with the aero catches.

Also I have an issue where the main bonnet catch is hit on a particular point and stopping it from locking in place. Circles it in the picture below.

Any ideas/tips?

Cheers

Reggie

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
The bonnet pins can be adjusted higher if needed.
The latch prob needs to go higher, mine was at max height when i removed it and had to go to lowest to fit veilside on

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
It was a right pain in the backside when I fitted. It's just fiddly.

It was more luck then skill for me, only advice I've got is to not tighten anything so you have a bit of free play and then persevere.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hmmm i have tried putting all the bolts in loosely, however I seem to still have the issue. Im not sure whether to elongate the holes on the bonnet so it can give me adjustability to move it in line with the hood pins.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Hmmm i have tried putting all the bolts in loosely, however I seem to still have the issue. Im not sure whether to elongate the holes on the bonnet so it can give me adjustability to move it in line with the hood pins.
Adjust the pins first. A small change in the height of the pin will make a difference because of the way the bonnet comes down in an arch motion.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Adjust the pins first. A small change in the height of the pin will make a difference because of the way the bonnet comes down in an arch motion.
But then I would still have the issue with the latch :(. It keeps hitting the bit circled. But i think it should move to the left on it and slot in.

Mebz

Advanced Member
I have was having issues with the latch too but found once I sorted the pins out it all fell into place and started latching as well.

It was all a little random. I got lucky I think.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I have was having issues with the latch too but found once I sorted the pins out it all fell into place and started latching as well.

It was all a little random. I got lucky I think.
Okay ill try and get the pins to work first then. I tried on Saturday but it was far to cold to keep messing around with in. Could barely feel my fingers haha

Reggie91

Advanced Member
So I've had another look and still no luck. :/

It's almost as if the bonnet is too light to push the latch down to lock in place? And the location for the pins seem to fowl on the back of the headlight..

Didn't realise there's a difference between pfl and FL bonnets and slam panels etc

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Might be wrong here, but you are trying to fit the bonnet to line up with the pins?. I would fit the bonnet so the panel gaps etc all line up properly then adjust the pins to suit the aerocatch location. Seems you got order all wrong?