Aftermarket DC5 Parts Ideas

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Put a 2nd nut on end to lock it? Send me a pic ;)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Have you got a K-tuned? The bolts they send you are very, very small! Also excuse my language, f**king imperial! So now it's packed out with washers there's only 1 thread showing which means it just eventually comes undone along with the vibration. I might ask on the Facebook page see if someone has a spare. I'll try and get a photo in the next few days

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mudgey said:
Ah ok, do they not make those carbon cold air intake diverters any longer? Looks like an expensive piece to make and I would be worried there wouldn't be enough demand.

Done the initial design for the replacement billet shifter arm, the bearing should arrive next week and will print the first prototype when I am back off hols.

I'll get cracking with the bumper exhaust trim once I get back as well.
It‘s not a carbon piece just moulded plastic of sort

There was an organised group buy via j‘s a few years ago for them. Every dc5 would benefit having one as an air deflector for the cold air in my opinion

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Wrong bit Sam.

You can just see the two black prongs on the end of the spring. Looks like the 2nd pic.

No actually Sam is right.

Its the bush on the arm which does wear and break in the end (esp. if you are shifting hard).

The lower part is for left right movement and that usually dont crack or wear. And even IF so: There are replacements from k tuned or tegiwa or whatever.

But you just cant find a new bushing for the arm, sadly. I know 4 guys in germany who also have that bush cracked and im sure they would order one too.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
No actually Sam is right.

Its the bush on the arm which does wear and break in the end (esp. if you are shifting hard).

The lower part is for left right movement and that usually dont crack or wear. And even IF so: There are replacements from k tuned or tegiwa or whatever.

But you just cant find a new bushing for the arm, sadly. I know 4 guys in germany who also have that bush cracked and im sure they would order one too.
Correct! Results in excessive forward to back shifter movement. I had this when I had the K Tuned. Side to side - zero play. Front to back had a small amount.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
When I opened mine up to fit the K-tuned it had just crumbled to pieces haha.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
The K20 Timing Chain Tensioner Cover is now available, please use DISCO10 at checkout to get 10% off anything in the store.

http://www.t7design.co.uk/products/honda-products/engine/k20-k24-timing-chain-tensioner-cover.html

Got a few more products to get online but the descriptions etc take a while to get done!

These are all made to my design at my local CNC machine shop in the UK, they use an o-ring to seal against the chain cover and can be removed time and time again without issue. The part is very light and is compatible with the largest of pulleys from the K24 motors.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Any update on the bush for the shifter mate?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi SamDC5,

Is that the linkage bush or the ones that fit on the ends of the gear-change cables?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mudgey said:
Hi SamDC5,

Is that the linkage bush or the ones that fit on the ends of the gear-change cables?
The ones that fit in the cable ends shifter side mate, there's a photo above with it circled

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Ah ok, yea no luck at present, sorry!

Your best bet may be to chop the end off and thread the end to fit a female rose joint with a metal spherical bush.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mudgey said:
Ah ok, yea no luck at present, sorry!

Your best bet may be to chop the end off and thread the end to fit a female rose joint with a metal spherical bush.
No worries, I've currently got it packed out with a thicker washer which seems to be holding at the moment.