aftermarket hid kit

fergalb

Advanced Member
hey guys was just wonderin if a aftermarket hid kit can be fitted to dc5 headlights one of my ballasts got wet and i cant find a second hand one? if i took it out and tryed to dry it out wud it sort it?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Have a look at HIDS4U. One of my ballasts went so I got an aftermarket kit, haven't had any problems since.

fergalb

Advanced Member
The Mofo said:
Have a look at HIDS4U. One of my ballasts went so I got an aftermarket kit, haven't had any problems since.
wat kit did you buy man? wat bulb size cheers

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Sorry bud I can't remember, I think I used a combination of viewing posts on this site and used the 'Find the HID kit for my vehicle' function on the HIDS4U website.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Have you tried contacting integrastella on ebay for a HID ballast? I got mine from him not so long back. think it was about £80inc p&p

Matt.

fergalb

Advanced Member
wud a h1 hid kit fit for the dipped headlights? or wat bulb size wud you go for to replace the factory hid kit i dont think you can get a d2r kit just d2r bulbs

BenzDC5

Im also having the same issue myself, the previous owner of my car had a ballast die on him, he says a new ballast is £200.. my mate sells HID kits for £50ish... what kid should i go for? can i just fit and H1 or H7 kit and wire it into the original wiring?

Hopefully someone will clear this up, finding the standard lights useless in these winter evenings..

LeeH

Advanced Member
You will need a d2r kit. And yes, take out the OEM ballast and fit the after market ones complete with new lamps/bulbs.. Simples....

BenzDC5

Ive never heard of a D2R fitment bulb before...

Thought they where all H's... so if i order a 6k D2R Hid kit thats all i will need?