Aftermarket HID Kits

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Yes, lights again :lol: I want to sort them once and for all!

Think ive managed to seal the lights properly. I still have a light out due to the blown ballast. Rather than buying another OEM ballast i think it would be easier and cheaper to buy a aftermarket HID set to replace the crap OEM ones.

Ive looked at a number of kits. Im sure the wiring will be awkward but achievable, im trying to find the right HID kit though to make installation easiest.

Firstly,

Bulb fitment: D2R or H7?

Secondly,

Would a kit listed for s2000 fit(i know the ballast connections etc are the same). Listed as H1? :xconfused:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLIMLINE-HID-CONV ... arParts_SM

OR

D2R Kits(Only from china though?) :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-HID-BALLAST-BUL ... arParts_SM

-Woody-

Advanced Member
After all that reading, looks good :lol: Any fitted in a DC5 yet? EDIT: Sorry noticed you mentioned you have - any pics/feedback?

Its exactly the sort of kit im after. Was looking at 6k.

Apologies, i lack knowledge in this area;

How does it fit to OEM wiring?

How does it fit into the OEM bulb socket/holder?

How/whats the best way it fits into the light housing? - i.e. The OEM ballast is sealed from the botton

How does your kit differ from the other cheaper kits?

Does the kit come with bulbs?

Im still not clear how it works, even with the instructions! Things that confuse me, scare me - do you travel alot? id like help :lol:

LeeH

Advanced Member
After all that reading, looks good :lol: Any fitted in a DC5 yet? EDIT: Sorry noticed you mentioned you have - any pics/feedback?

Its exactly the sort of kit im after. Was looking at 6k.

How does it fit to OEM wiring?

Just plug in the connectors off the OEM ballast

How does it fit into the OEM bulb socket/holder?

The same as a normal bulb

How/whats the best way it fits into the light housing? - i.e. The OEM ballast is sealed from the botton

You have to take your bumper off to get to the OEM ballast,. I would then find a new place for them in the engine bay.

How does your kit differ from the other cheaper kits?

Kits can look the same, the insides can be a different story.

Mine are 55w reliable kits. It will be with you in days along with any (if any) warranty claims. You also get any help you need. I offer free fitting if you come to me also.

White LED side lights and velcro to mount the ballast are included.

The kits with car specific instructions not generic ones. I'm working on a how to for the DC5 as I'm fitting new kit in mine next week. The EP3.FN2 ones are done.

No UK seller can compete with chinese ebay sellers, and if you have no problems then its a bargain. If you have problems you are screwed.

Does the kit come with bulbs?

Yes, 6K.

Im still not clear how it works, even with the instructions! Things that confuse me, scare me - do you travel alot? id like help :lol

Its simples. If you can wait I'll do a full how to with pics and send it with the kit :xcheers: