Aftermarket springs facelift DC5

JCW

Advanced Member
Please correct me if i'm in the wrong here but AFAIK none of the uk sites sell springs for the facelift dc5 as yet :?:
Eibach have released a kit for the rsx year 2005 onwards, seen them on ebay going for $255 shipped not sure if they'll fit though :?:

TAI :D

JCW

Advanced Member
one of the springs up front won't fit because its inversely wound, changed for the facelift version it is supposed to help steering precision.

aparantly as the springs compress, they exert torsional force in the opposite direction on the steering mechanism and sometimes make the car pull to the side.

To neutralize this affect the spring up front are inversely wound (wound in the opposite direction) coil springs to the front struts .

Because the two front springs compress in opposite directions, the torsional force they produce cancels each other out, minimizing their affect on steering.

turbo5

Advanced Member
When I took mine (facelift DC5) to TDI North (system R) for the fast road set up, I was told the pre facelift lower springs weren't correct for the facelift, as you said they are coiled the opposite way around.
The way to do it is either fit pre facelift suspension, or aftermarket coilovers. Someone on here has fitted the preface lift springs to his facelift lift car without any problems.
Also K pro is another problem I still haven't got a definate answer whether it can be K pro'd I know the RSX 05 needs a piggy back ecu to run Kpro. (twice the cost). I have asked on the Hondata forum but got no direct answer they wanted someone to remove the ECU and open it up and take photos of the inside. A bit technical and risky for me.

JCW

Advanced Member
Cheers mate, don't want to spend the earth on this tbh so coilovers are out of the question but i suppose fitting pre facelift suspension
and lowering springs is one way around it for not so much £££.
much rather keep oem shocks though obviously cos there's the camber kit (any issues with these?) to add to cost

pity about kpro for our cars, thats a mod i want to do but quite a ways off yet but hope they get it sorted soon

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I spoke to Tein UK last week and the guy there knew what I was talking about straight away...springs are available for facelift Teg but have to come from the U.S...they can be ordered from a U.K.dealer..tell them that head office (Tein UK) said to contact them and they will order the springs and give a price...I`m still waiting for Amber Sports to get back to me on this...HTH,David :wink:

BadBoy

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
When I took mine (facelift DC5) to TDI North (system R) for the fast road set up, I was told the pre facelift lower springs weren't correct for the facelift, as you said they are coiled the opposite way around.
The way to do it is either fit pre facelift suspension, or aftermarket coilovers. Someone on here has fitted the preface lift springs to his facelift lift car without any problems.
Also K pro is another problem I still haven't got a definate answer whether it can be K pro'd I know the RSX 05 needs a piggy back ecu to run Kpro. (twice the cost). I have asked on the Hondata forum but got no direct answer they wanted someone to remove the ECU and open it up and take photos of the inside. A bit technical and risky for me.
is the kpro not the same as the rsx, get an 02-04 ecu with a new wiring harness adapter and a new primary o2 sensor?

JCW

Advanced Member
:D
spoke to Tom at tgm this morning, he's getting eibach's ('05-'06 rsx part) in from the states they will cost approx £170

crxvtec

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
I spoke to Hondata directly - they said it'll fit straight in, but I don't buy it so I said I'd send photos of my stock ECU so they could confirm.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
I have a real concern here...won't fitting RSX springs (basically springs for a Type S) adversely affect the handling?

The Type S has narrower track and different geometry - it's for this reason that Mugen offers suspension components for the Type R and not the Type S.

Your thoughts?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The struts are the same, just the other components are different, springs from an RSX will be fine.

redcap

Advanced Member
Can anyone confirm what srings are now available please :D

Also does anyone know if you can get camber adjusters?

Will SPC (eibach) ones for an EP3 fit?

Any help much appreciated 8)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Eibach do springs for a facelift available from TGM sports in Fleet

camber adjusters will need modding as the facelift has some kind of loadcell attached to one of the arms.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep...Spoon have lowering springs for facelift `Teg...I`ve got them on mine...see Proracers post above...I got mine from him...CTR Eibachs wont fit facelift `Teg- they are the same as pre-facelift springs(well they will fit but aren`t supposed to be"correct fitment") HTH..David :wink:

redcap

Advanced Member
So which are better? Spoon or Eibach, the classic discussion lol.
I mean in the context of the facelift in particular, does anyone know how much they lower it?

Eibach F -20mm and R -15mm?
Spoon F -25mm and R -20mm?

Had Eibach on the CTR and found them to be very good.
:)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Spoon are slightly stiffer than Eibachs but seem to glue the Teg to the road better ....Eibachs are probs more user friendly as they feel a bit softer and give a more comfortable ride..each to his own I suppose!!

My facelift on18" wheels + Spoon progs

NiTrO

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
CTR Eibachs wont fit facelift `Teg- they are the same as pre-facelift springs
The CTR springs are the same like the prefacelift DC5 springs??? Perfect!! :D