Aftermarket steering wheel

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I am playing with the idea of an aftermarket steering wheel.

Whats your opinion?your experience?

Our 5's supposed to have a sporty steering wheel...so does an aftermarket wheel make a difference worthy of loosing the airbag?

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I've never had one but I have played with the idea before also, since then I've just been looking for a mint condition OEM wheel.

I wouldn't like the loose the air bag just for the 'just in case' thought in the back of my mind especially if it's mainly a road car.

Plus I like the OEM interior look too much. All your own style though - go for it. :xgrin:

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Lewis why don't you get your wheel retrimmed by Royal Steering Wheels? They can do it on an exchange basis for circa £140, only downside you will lose the Momo logo, I had mine redone in black alcantara with red stitching and embroidered momo logo. I had the same dilemma so opted for this as a compromise and I love it, I did put some pics in the what have you done thread if you haven't seen already.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Thanks mate,i have already seen it but am more interesting in comments regarding experience with one,if it offers more grip ,more control something?

Altecians

Advanced Member
I use to run a deep dish OMP wheel on certain cars when the seating position was awkward (wheel rubbing on knees) .. they look great but from a safety aspect I prefer a sketchy airbag than no airbag at all..