Aftermarket Warranties.....

cfoster

Advanced Member
Well ive just purchased a DC5 which i pick up next week! Test drove it today and loved it!!!

What i need to know is are there any decent aftermarket warranties available for them, and if so what sort of money am i looking at??

Cheers
Chris

T666YPR

Apart from Hondacare,none are worth the paper they're written on.

"Exclusion this;exclusion that.Oh what the hell,let's exclude the lot" :evil:

(As far as I know)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I got a 2 year Honda Care one with full AA cover for £700.

It's already paid out, had all 3 synchros replaced, release bearing & first gear in my gear box, so I am happy I paid up!!

Mike

Duncs

so, stupid question time, you just walk into your nearest Honda dealer and say 'please mister can i buy a warranty for my import Honda?' and i guess they say 'certainly' can't be as simple as that surely?

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
so, stupid question time, you just walk into your nearest Honda dealer and say 'please mister can i buy a warranty for my import Honda?' and i guess they say 'certainly' can't be as simple as that surely?
Errr yes it is.....

BUT.............. your local Honda dealer could always say NO!! Its up to them if they wish to "underwrite" your car... you see the warranties are taken out by insurance companies so if you have a claim. "a repair" then the garage repairs it then puts a "claim" in for the work carried out.. Its whether the garage wants to take on a JDM... when I did mind I had two Honda garages say no... Also it took a long time to get stuff sorted out but that was last year and now that more DC5's have come into the country I reckon it will be easier..

The only thing that the Honda Garage will want you to do is you will probably have to get it fully serviced and checked by them before they will give you the Honda Care warranty .. and second you WILL have to get the car serviced etc by that garage in the future...

UW

steveD

Holden Honda in Norwich have offered me a 2 year warranty for £550
(3 years 850) including AA cover. That's on my 'delivery miles car'. Sounds pretty good. Therefore I'll be purchasing the car without the importers one.

Steve