Aftermarket wheel nuts

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Was looking at some new aftermarket wheel nuts, what are people using?

Was thinking of some Muteki nuts.

berg

Just try and stick to steel nuts in my opinion, heard many stories of lightweight alloy nuts stripping easily, although that never happened to me, the two sets of alloy nuts i had on my dc5 always worked loose on trackdays which is another very common issue

Personally i just use the steel gt50 style nuts from Driftworks, steel, strong, pretty cheap and a decent durable finish in a range of colours

SamDC5

Advanced Member
A lot of people are against alloy nuts, I've been using Rays genuine ones this year. I greased the threads and always torque them. Never had any issues with them coming loose or seizing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Berg said:
Just try and stick to steel nuts in my opinion, heard many stories of lightweight alloy nuts stripping easily, although that never happened to me, the two sets of alloy nuts i had on my dc5 always worked loose on trackdays which is another very common issue

Personally i just use the steel gt50 style nuts from Driftworks, steel, strong, pretty cheap and a decent durable finish in a range of colours
Think I‘ll be going for Steel nuts rather than alloy. Thanks guys, Drifworks option seems good or even the Muteki option.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
I used to have d1 spec lightweight and the garage used an air gun to remove the wheel and cracked half of them... I then went to standard for a while...

However, I have since bought some muteki extended lug nuts and i'll just make sure I put standard ones on for when I go to garages etc.

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
carlos7777777 said:
I used to have d1 spec lightweight and the garage used an air gun to remove the wheel and cracked half of them... I then went to standard for a while...

However, I have since bought some muteki extended lug nuts and i'll just make sure I put standard ones on for when I go to garages etc.
I did notice that it does mention about garages chewing up lug nuts if you use a air gun. Muteki looks like one of the best options.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Just ask the garage not use the gun on them, wheel nuts should always be torqued anyway. My Rays alloy ones haven't caused me an issue so far.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
I got some off ebay, claim to be steel, seem ok so far

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
What brand do you go for? Epman seems to sell a fair few on eBay.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Any good sets cone with locking ones? Just realised today mine don't have any?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk