Agreed Value?

Tim J

Advanced Member
Has anyone got agreed value on their policy at all?

I know most companies do 'agreed value' on classic cars (over 20 yrs old) but came across Heritage Insurance
[color=#0040FF]http://www.heritage-quote.co.uk[/color] last night and it got me thinking as they cover modern classics & imports etc.

From a previous bad experience with a payout, I don't want the hassle all over again if anything were to happen....any thoughts?

Cheers

Tim

Emma

Advanced Member
Tim J said:
Has anyone got agreed value on their policy at all?

I know most companies do 'agreed value' on classic cars (over 20 yrs old) but came across Heritage Insurance
[color=#0040FF]http://www.heritage-quote.co.uk[/color] last night and it got me thinking as they cover modern classics & imports etc.

From a previous bad experience with a payout, I don't want the hassle all over again if anything were to happen....any thoughts?

Cheers

Tim
Livingstones Warman Brokers will do an agreed value with NIG Insurance. We have three cars insured with them and 2 for an agreed value.........sadly we have had to use it too,
had a cq within a week :)

Their number is 01935 706258

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i had agreed value due to the extensive mods it had. most companies will do it but expect to pay a little more, i was paying about 650

Tim J

Advanced Member
Livingstones Warman Brokers will do an agreed value with NIG Insurance. We have three cars insured with them and 2 for an agreed value.........sadly we have had to use it too,
had a cq within a week :)

Their number is 01935 706258
Just tried them and I'm a bit taken aback as they'll struggle to agree value on a 2002 DC5 for £7000-£7500 - heaven knows what insurance companies 'market value' is?

I haven't kept a eye on the cars for sale section so no idea what a low mileage excellent condition 2002 C-pack goes for now days but clearly I'm in for a shock

Emma

Advanced Member
Just tried them and I'm a bit taken aback as they'll struggle to agree value on a 2002 DC5 for £7000-£7500 - heaven knows what insurance companies 'market value' is?

I haven't kept a eye on the cars for sale section so no idea what a low mileage excellent condition 2002 C-pack goes for now days but clearly I'm in for a shock

Less and less insurance companies are now doing agreed value and it is harder with a newer car. Our 200sx "1998" had and agreed value of £7500 when we wanted £10,000. It it was that or book value and since the car hit disel and sadly became a write off we were glad of the agreed value.

l have just changed to Sky insurance but they do not do agreed value policies :| so may be going back to Livingstones again next year. We have our replacment 200sx with Livingstones still for an agreed value as other brokers couldn't give us a better deal :D