ahh what to buy!! Tyres..

JDC5

Charged DC5
Well its about that time to get some new tyres. I'm stick for choices.

What i'm looking for is.. Good grip in both Wet and Dry, A slightly hard compound as i use the car as my daily driver so i want it to last longer. The set up i have now is im running on 18" rims are Rota P1 ET45. The tyres i have now are the yoko'z prada Spec 2 in 215/35/18. Now, 35 profile is not ideal. so will move up to 40. (the car is on springs at the mo, will be goin onto coilovers)

I mean.. the prada's Spec 2 are okay.. gives a fair grip in dry but very crap in the wet. here are my choices...

1. Falken FK452 215/40R18 89Y - £82.19 Fitted
2. Yokohama PARADA 2 215/40R18 - £unknown?
3. Goodyear EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRICAL XL 225/40R18 - £111.57 fitted
4. Toyo T1-R 225/40R18 - £unknown?
5. Vredestein SESSANTA 225/40R18 - £93.94 fitted
6. Yokohama PARADA 225/40R18 - £99.82 fitted

Well...i shouldnt have too much problem with 225/40 would i? out of the six tyres, I would go for number 3.

which tyres would you pick and why.. or which one will you recommend?

any1 heard abt choice number 5??

Cheers all

Jimmy

JDC5

Charged DC5
I mean... the prada spec 2 i have now do have ver strong side walls.. at high speed, wen shifting from left to right.. i dnt get that jelly feel, its nice and solid. I just want tyres that are like the Prada Spec 2, but offer more grip.. now i have a charger, i will need better tyres.. if there is any..lol

i wonder how the Vredestein are.. never heard of them lol

Cheers
JD

Lcr Dave

id prob get the goodyears ive always used them and are a great tyre, but i may be tempted with the toyo's...

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
had vredestiens on my prelude type s and they were excellent, have toyo t1-rs now on the same rims as you and they are pretty good in both wet & dry.

JT3173

Advanced Member
How come Bridgestone Potenza RE070's were not on your list JD?

They come in at about £100 and are the muts nuts, FD2's use them as well as the old Scoob STI's and the new R35 GTR!!!! And they fit OEM rims!

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
The only RE070 available off the shelf in this country is 225/45R17, which was OEM fitment on some variant of Scooby.

225/40R18 is indeed FD2 OEM fitment, but are only available via import, which makes it furiously expensive - Barry is listing them at just under £200 a corner.

I had to make a premature move from my RE070's, they were great for grip and handling but one had flat spots on the inside shoulders, and another suffered fairly major sidewall delamination after 9k miles.

Now replaced with the Dunlop SportMaxx GT which have been superb so far, but I'm not sure they do it in a size to suit the DC5 - I've got 235's to match the wider Volks on the car.

logik

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
How come Bridgestone Potenza RE070's were not on your list JD?

They come in at about £100 and are the muts nuts, FD2's use them as well as the old Scoob STI's and the new R35 GTR!!!! And they fit OEM rims!
Can you get them in 215?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Pot RE050 here and they're excellent. Had the Eagle F1's on before and I'll be getting pots next time round.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Think so mate, yes.

Don't know what they are like in the wet though, I think the Eagle's would have the upper hand there!

logik

Advanced Member
I was under the impression that you cant get 3. Goodyear EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRICAL XL 225/40R18 - £111.57 fitted
because of a large stock of the Eagle F1's still need shifting?

JDC5

Charged DC5
cheers for the all the advice and input... haha.. but im still confused.. its seems the likey choice for what you all are sayin is Goodyears..

the one I've listed.. im sure its the new ASYMMETRICAL for goodyear right?

Hmm.. are they like soft compound? as i got a feeling that the toyo's are a soft compound and i dnt want to be spending money like every 3months.. i do drive my car everyday..lol

hmmm.. i like the prada's are they have like a harder compound, the sideways dont look eaten away lol..

how are the vredestiens.. they look like the spec 2's ...?

also its gettin to the winter now so really need one for wen the road gets wet from misty nights...

so its choices 3.....4....5...or...6??? numbers please!

lol

JD

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Number 3 all the way... Goodyear EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRICAL

Just got a set of 4 their on the weekend, and wow! What a tyre and not even wore in properly yet..

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Yeap, sure did.. Was gonna order locally but saved around €50 a tyre by ordering online.. Was delivered next day also..

So i'd rate Camskill v highly..

JDC5

Charged DC5
Well I went for the Goodyears in the end.. and had the it n for 2weeks.. all i can say is WOW!!! this is a top quality tyre!! the grip in amazing in the dry.. but when it comes to the wheel, it handles like a dream!! even with my supercharged DC5, the performance in the wet is 10/10!!

I will highly recommend these tyres with out a doubt!! i like how it protects the alloys on the side wall...

I had the prada spec 2's and all i can say is the spec 2's feels like budget tyres compare to the Goodyears!

Rock on the Goodyears!!

JD

raz786

Advanced Member
Has any1 tried Michelin Pilot Sports on the DC5? A mate has them on his new M3 and they seem very impressive.