AI606 T2 DIY install - optional extras anyone?

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Just finishing off a DIY hidden wire install on an AI606T2 and wondering if anyone has one fitted with any optional extras such as total closure, follow me home lights etc. that they find a benefit?

Was going to wire in folding mirrors but felt this might be a bad idea with regards to motor wear as they're getting on a bit now.

Wanting to get any extras finished off before I have the installation inspected and certified.

k!ng

Advanced Member
I want to wire in the folding mirrors to the alarm so they fold on arming and disarming, surely it wouldn't wear the motors out would it?

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
I read someone had issues with motor reliability when they did this so assumed that they were a bit temperamental, generally park my car on the drive so don't have much of a requirement to fold them in anyhow...

Happy to hear other people's experiences though and would be another nice to have if I've read wrong!

adam.

Advanced Member
Crimp a length of thin gauge wire to the antenna and run it up to the roof.

Then you can enjoy more than 2ft of fob range.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
Crimp a length of thin gauge wire to the antenna and run it up to the roof.

Then you can enjoy more than 2ft of fob range.
Sorted that cheers mate, a bit of advice I picked up from one of your previous posts. Ran some of the old DTV cable off the jap stereo up to the top of the front screen.

Surprised with the AI606, I had one in my first car in about 2000 and they've barely changed...

adam.

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
Sorted that cheers mate, a bit of advice I picked up from one of your previous posts. Ran some of the old DTV cable off the jap stereo up to the top of the front screen.

Surprised with the AI606, I had one in my first car in about 2000 and they've barely changed...
Lads, someone used the search function!!!

:xgrin: :xgrin: