AI606 Toad! (you may save my life)

Frazdog

Advanced Member
My alarm, as above, keeps going off randomly! ie 3 or 4 in the morning! and other times! my girlfriend may kill me if it goes off again! any 1 got any ideas of the cause? i get a shock now and again from my door so i was thinking there maybe a wire earthing from it? but obviously this involves panel removal etc. and i aint had the time yet with work!

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
if i wear my dunlop trainers i get a shock, any other footwear im ok... oh and the sun has to be shining, weird!!

can you adjust the sensitvity of the alarm? anything on the dashboard getting in the way of the sensors?

:? Maybe a mouse is living in your car and comes out at night to feed?? :lol:

Frazdog

Advanced Member
I think its the Turbo elfs!
(turbo are the people that move things when you put something down and you know it was there and when you go back it aint there, or thing that just cant be explained, its them that do it!!!!) well thats our theory anyway!!

Nothing out of the ordinary on the inside of car buti wll check the way sensors are facing etc.

Any other ideas?

(im of to Brazil for 8weeks so the bird or pops will go mental if they up everynight with it!) But hey, i dont think i will hear it over there!!!

LeeH

Advanced Member
You may have a dead cell in your battery...get it checked. :idea:

raz786

Advanced Member
Have you changed the bonnet? May be a problem with bonnet sensor, I had that problem

Metalhead

As mentioned the likely cause is a fluctuation in the car voltage. This could be caused by a slight short circuit or a battery that has a cell that's on it's way out (fusing).

First stop (it it was me!) would be to go to the local auto factors and have them test the battery with a heavy duty battery tester (huge pronged thing with a meter that connects to both battery terminals).

HTH

Frazdog

Advanced Member
still the same bonnet! Will try the battery thing incase thats what it is! easy fix!