AINTREE THIS SATURDAY oct 1st

dan the man

Advanced Member
Just a quickie as im on track this sat (please god be dry) so if anyone wants to come down then cool.

there from 8.30 till probably 4pm ish....

My twin loop is here now so hopefully be on and my SPOON tower bar arrived today too... 8)

DTM :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
Had a cracking day.
When i originally booked i put down intermediate class, when i got there they had put me in expert class :shock:
he said cos of experience and car..looked at entry list....SKYLINE GTRs, EVO6, ULTIMA GTRS :!: , EXIGES...oh crap. :lol:

Anyway did ok, DC5 holds her own, just had to remember my lines and give it my best. was wet through most of the moring then dried up and i put my advan neovas on...quality tyre. so responsive and when warm the car was gripping very well. 8)

Then on the back straight with a GT3 coming past. both at full chat hooing down (him overtaking obviously :lol: ) and when in front an ULTIMA GTR starts spewing smoke all over the show :!: :shock:
Turms out something shot throught the block and took out the starter motor in process.. so my car windscreen was covered in oil..cripes!

arrived at the corner where u :x ltima limped off(didnt know what had happened at this point..just seen smoke) and i was duly sideways on the trail of oil it had left for me... :x :p

Had a cracking day but one worrying thing :idea: :idea:

oil surge, after some long hard cornering the car was limiting early. then after settling straigh would regain as normal. had to change my driving style and be smoother as it stopped (which helped my lines too also!) but its worrying so when it limits early can we confirm its defo oil surge and does anyone else experience this....... :?: :?: :|

DAN(put pics up later when i get them off a friend)

mikegsi

Staff member
i alwys take oil with me and check it after every session i did, should be ok if its topped up all the time, or get a baffled sump thingy done :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
my oil was max all the time.

i have in 5 30....wondering if 10 40 helps oil surge as les viscous? :?:

Baffled sump on list but expensive for me at the mo :idea: :x :?

mikegsi

Staff member
i use 10-40 and never had any problems with oil surges, and i was pushing it really hard! as i change my oil very regularly im not worriedabout using semi synth over fully synth