Air Con fog at 2700 rpm

dazzerjp

if i hold the car at 2700-2800 revs in first for 5-10 seconds, the air vent to the top left of the steering wheel (only) pumps out massive amounts of air con fog - if i set the air con to the lowest setting - one after auto.

Coupled with that I have noticed lots of water coming from the underneath the car in the middle just behind the front wheels. the car also seems to have lost about 20-30 bhp and is only doing 4-5 kilometers per litre.

I must admit that I am very disappointed with the car. Its only just come back from a 30k service and this will be the fourth time in 7 months the car has go back to the garage.

heres the some of the problems ive had in 7 months@
- Serve knocking on front left - engine mount replaced
- Heaving grinding noise when full lock right - wheel bearing checked and ok, garage recommended replacing suspension dampers, which they do next week for free
- rear left light fills with water when it rains
- SRS light came on and new SRS sensor needed
- Aircon pumping water out under the car and fuel econ down to 4.5 ave

All in 7 months. Am I alone in this?

Duncs

well,
mine is almost 5 years old,
only ever had regular servicing, and never had to replace a thing, not even a light bulb.
you may have just been unlucky

mikegsi

Staff member
four year old car, ive had it 16 months, absolutely no probs whatsover (typed while touching some wood!)

aself66

Advanced Member
" Heaving grinding noise when full lock right" ---- normal

"Aircon pumping water" ---- normal

martin200

Advanced Member
I suggest you read the owners manual for the car, it will detail the water underneath the car as normal aircon behaviour. Even better, read up on how air conditioning works, you need to understand this before believing your car has a problem.

dazzerjp

yeah, ive RTFM, thanks. Ive owed various hondas - always hondas such is /was my love of the engines - with aircon for more than 8 years ranging from civics to my current company car, a honda legend.

And none of those cars have done it to anywhere near the extent that this integra is doing.

if i was running the air con on full blast for a few hours then i would expect a bit of overflow, but not when i start the car, set to the lowest setting and bingo, water pours out every time. also, the mpg should not drop by half when the air con is on low. my wife honda fit doesnt, neither does my father in laws odessy, nor my legend, so why should my integra?

that was my original question.

sammy luy

replying to yr concerns of reliablity on yr ITR

Hello,

Its proven over the years Honda cars are highly relaible cars nothign goes seriously wrong with them unless you neglect them driven honda all my life never will drive anythign else tbh . To the point thou I got a dc5 '51 reg and its as sound as pound . The problems you discribed are all common on a street race car the under bonnet sounds are all to my knowledge comes standard on this car and as for the air con water this is again a common thing as recently uk has had major heat waves which in turn will make the air con produce more condesation. Take it from me m8ty you got nothign to worry about with yr car it will last you a a long time with proper care.

dazzerjp

thanks sammy.

ive always driven hondas and loved every one of their cars ive had. I remeber the first time i saw the new shape integra - at suzuka, its was the pace car - and it was love at first sight!

hopefully this is just a bit of bad luck.

p.s. the honda garage thinks it is the auto temperature sensor and are going to replace it.

cheers