air con

b12oon

Advanced Member
does any one have any idea how much gas has to go into the air con for these? are they the same set up as the civic?? cheers

gregb

Advanced Member
just topped mine up today.
got the aerosal of gas with meter reading and diagnosis in halfords.
€65 the lot and i received a nice aircon cleaning kit gratius :wink:
my condenser was empty and it`s taken half the can so far and it`s perfect.

mikegsi

Staff member
so you can actually recharge your own aircon now then? never realised that, i've always taken my cars to a air con garage who charged £40 to recharge! do you not need to completely discharge the system before you recharge it?

might look into this myself!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
so you can actually recharge your own aircon now then? never realised that, i've always taken my cars to a air con garage who charged £40 to recharge! do you not need to completely discharge the system before you recharge it?

might look into this myself!
Yes you can. Even Halfords sell the gas now but its about £20 for a complete fill. And no you dont need to discharge the system

Glitch

Advanced Member
I wouldnt do it urself as you cant vacuum the system down, if you want the best out of your AC then u need to reclaim the gas in the system then vacuum the system for at least 20 mins to get any moisture out of the system then drain the AC oil and replace it then regass the system.

mikegsi

Staff member
Glitch said:
I wouldnt do it urself as you cant vacuum the system down, if you want the best out of your AC then u need to reclaim the gas in the system then vacuum the system for at least 20 mins to get any moisture out of the system then drain the AC oil and replace it then regass the system.

thats what i thought :wink:

b12oon

Advanced Member
i did go to halfruds and got 1 of them kits but i used it on my girlfriends

del sol as i wouldnt want to balls up my system and it worked a treat.

ive got my mate to do mine for me and i will get it done right

Glitch

Advanced Member
Im thinking of removing my AC system as i literally never use it and it just takes up power and adds weight. Does anyone know if i were to remove the AC pump and the idler would i be able to just fit a non AC belt?