Air conditioning and heater not working

larz

Advanced Member
Hey guys, my air con and climate control have stopped responding... Nothing happens, no matter what setting I do... the lights come on when I press a/c or whatever... It has always worked perfectly...

The other day it was very warm and I had the cold a/c on the coldest setting blowing hard... Then it stopped, and all of a sudden started blowing hard again... It was really warm outside so I quickly lost patience and opened a window instead...

Since then It hasn't done a tap.. Where do I look first?

dave7368

Advanced Member
relay, then blower motor is where i would be looking first,
not likely to be a fuse as you say all the lights come on

larz

Advanced Member
Update: this occasionally works for 5 seconds or so...when it does work it does exactly what it should but just switches off...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Could well be a relay ,

If the relay contacts are worn ( pitted) it is possible the load from the motor can't be upheld by the relay,

Will the fan work on it's own? ( no ac on) even at it's lowest setting

larz

Advanced Member
Thanks guys I'll get the relay checked out... No matter what setting I put it on, it won't work... If it does kick in for a few seconds, it does exactly what it should do for the setting that it's on...

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hi Guys, sorry to revive an old thread but this one seems to be the closest to the issue im having, since changing my heating control bulbs my fan speed switch has become intermittent. I thought it was the plug in the back of the heating control as I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again.

But after a week of driving it ive realised the fan speed comes on and off, at first it comes on for a second then goes off again, then after a while it comes back on and seems fine, if I then change the speed a few times it goes off again and after a few minutes comes back again, its driving me bonkers!

Could this be the resistor pack? It seems for other people with fan speed issues when it is the resister pack the fan is either stuck on or wont come on at all, but mine is intermittent.

Any idea which replay it might be or if its more likely to be the resistor pack?