Air Conditioning Gas & Amount

ForgedV

Advanced Member
After a bit of information please.

Does anyone know what air con gas our tegs take? I cant find a sticker anywhere, I would normally expect it to be on the bonnet but I have a Buddyclub one.

Is it R134a gas? And does anyone know the amount it takes in g? Going to try and get the a/c recharged today at work.

Thank you in advance

Rom

Advanced Member
Just to back up what Mark said...From the RSX manual

KEIHIN SP-10 refrigerant oil
R-134a refrigerant
500 to 550 g

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Yes, R134a and takes 550g iirc. Mine had a silver sticker near the headlight.
I can also confirm this tomorrow as can't quite make out in the picture I have to hand

RobS

Advanced Member
how much are these costing on average these days? Mine smells like off milk a little and does not get very cold so I suspect I need a top up

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
RobS said:
how much are these costing on average these days? Mine smells like off milk a little and does not get very cold so I suspect I need a top up
Sounds like you need one of these CLICKY for bad bacteria build up.
Also a top up in the system if it's not cold.

T.G.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
How does that work, do you spray into the gas inlet line like when regassing the system?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
How does that work, do you spray into the gas inlet line like when regassing the system?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
CLICKY

Use as this -
1) Changed the cabin filter before I started.
2) Set the aircon temperature to Max Cold - to make sure it kept running.
3) Set the aircon the re-circulate
4) Pushed the passenger seat as far forward as possible
5) Placed the canister behind the passenger seat , pushed the canister button and shut the door.
6) Left the aircon running for 10 minutes after the canister dried up.

T.G.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Need a top up as pressure is only around 20psi.Can I use the Halfrauds EZ Chill to add a bit of gas? It's EZ-134RFL?Thanks,David

Rom

Advanced Member
You can, but how are you measuring that pressure ? And those cans to my knowledge, just dump gas in. Not a set amount you choose. You can overfill ac systems, which isnt ideal.

Both high and low will be around 5 bar, system not running.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
There's a gauge that you get with the gas, my mate loaned it to me to check the pressure, it's showing about 20psi but the minimum is around 25psi I believe. The gauge has a trigger mechanism to control the amount of gas you put in. The canister is £30 which would top up the Teg and my work van. Full price for the 2 to get done at Quick Fit is £100 for both. Just wanted some input to check that this gas is/is not ok to use, thanks David