Air Filter and KPRO

raz786

Advanced Member
Ok done a search but can't find what I need so hopefully you guys will offer some help.

I don't want to start another debate about Gruppe M and AEM etc etc and heat soak lol, everyone's comments are welcome. I currently have a K&N Typhoon system (I know its not the best system but can't fault the noise) and I've been KPRO'd, but i'm thinking of changing to a CAI, maybe Injen as the search results indicate that its pretty good.

Question 1 - Is the Injen CAI a good induction kit? Anyone have it with the KPRO and a few other mods and what kind of figures did they achieve?

Question 2 - If i do decide to change to the Injen CAI from the Typhoon will u need to get a remap done urgently or even at all?

Thanks in advance guys and girls!

raz786

Advanced Member
No input or help at all? Come on guys, someone must have had their car mapped with this intake and exhaust, manifold?

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Ive got the AEM kit which is identical. But i got the RBC intake and higher compression head gasket so figures would be well off yours.

raz786

Advanced Member
hey mate thanx for the reply!

I have an exhaust mani, cat back system, rbc inlet, and the K&N at the mo, so shouldnt be too far off, what figures did u get? And would i need a remap with the changeover?

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Im running 253hp but that is with higher comp head gasket and new piston rings. It has the mugen twin loop so thats a little restrictive. You would get away with not getting it mapped straight away but wouldnt be getting the most out of it until remap done.

Nick86

Advanced Member
you have k&n typhoon. i cant see AEM long or short ram or injen being any better. gruppeM i say.

raz786

Advanced Member
The Typhoon does sit right above the exhaus mani, even closer than the AEM V2, and what I've read the Injen CAI that goes to the front bumper is better by a fair bit! Thanx for the replies :D

trippy

Injen won't give you smooth power curves like the Gruppe M, but it should give you more peak power.

raz786

Advanced Member
I think I'm gonna wait a while and maybe get a gruppe m, i'm enjoying the car as it is. One thing that does worry me is that people say the gruppe m rattles and hits things, is there a fix to it as i'd find it annoying?

mikegsi

Staff member
i had the injen before i went gruppem, and was re-mapped on the changeover

imo the gruppem pulls better to 100 (on track obv), the cai is stronger after that

noise wise the cai wins every time, no matter where the revs are.......

interestingly on my setup there was only a handful of bhp difference, but the torque levels went through the roof with the gruppem

mikegsi

Staff member
and while you should be ok without a remap i would get one done for safety's sake and also to get the most out of yuor hard earned :wink:

if possible get a few other mods to make it worthwhile remapping - rbc intake, throttle body etc :D

raz786

Advanced Member
I have the RBC fitted already, manifold back, and the filter, made 240bhp, if i had the funds i would prob be in the market for a gruppe m, will have to see if the mrs would like to buy me a birthday present!!! :lol: :lol: