Airbag recall!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
don't be silly, the dc5 is bullet proof ;)

Honda Motor Co. is recalling 1.1 million vehicles. About 680,000 are in
North America, 270,000 in Japan and 64,000 in Europe. The models include
the Civic, CR-V and Odyssey.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I doubt it'll affect ours. It'll probably be for recent cars >5yrs old.
Be interesting to see the details though.

chrex

Advanced Member
If they recall the Civics though - will the tegs not have the same airbag system?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
chrex said:
If they recall the Civics though - will the tegs not have the same airbag system?
My thought's exactly, would Honda have our JDM cars on a data base.......I don't think so.

What dya reckon guy's n gals?

Imagine your airbag goes off to save your life and then you receive a face full of shrapnel, don't look good!

dave7368

Advanced Member
i would think UK Honda dealers would have no responsibility to recall DC5's as they were never intended to be in the UK.
should be recalled to Japan if you want to send them back lol

*Edit*
and from JamesSSB and my experience the airbags will never go off anyway....! lol

Riz

Advanced Member
It only affects the passenger airbag afaik, so only give lifts to people you don't like and you'll be fine :)

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Emailed Honda Ireland and received this back:

Dear Shane,

We have checked your VIN number with Honda Motor Europe database and can confirm that the Honda Integra DC5 210**** is not affected.
The Recall is only applicable to certain 2001~2003 Civic, Stream, Jazz and CR-V models.

Regards

Ken McDonnell

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
shane_blueteg said:
Emailed Honda Ireland and received this back:

Dear Shane,

We have checked your VIN number with Honda Motor Europe database and can confirm that the Honda Integra DC5 210**** is not affected.
The Recall is only applicable to certain 2001~2003 Civic, Stream, Jazz and CR-V models.

Regards

Ken McDonnell
Nice one Shane, sorted ;)

ATB

Ron

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
I'd take it from the email I got that all DC5s are clear. But if in doubt just send an email to Honda UK. They got back to me in under an hour

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
i would think UK Honda dealers would have no responsibility to recall DC5's as they were never intended to be in the UK.
should be recalled to Japan if you want to send them back lol

*Edit*
and from JamesSSB and my experience the airbags will never go off anyway....! lol
Very true lol never seen any airbag in a DC5 go off yet lol.
Bit of a worry.