Aircon pump not kicking in

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
I turned my aircon on today and the pump won't kick in.You can usually hear it with like a click and nothing,so took a look with a torch and could plainly see that the pump was not turning.

The switch on the dashboard still lights up though. :?

So i plugged my mates Artic frost canister(aircon refill can)which was empty but just to see on the gauge if there was any gas in the system and there was,it was in the blue part of the gauge which said it's full.

So were do i go next or what do i do next :?: :?: :?: :?:

many thanks in advance :)

Suped

Advanced Member
If you don't hear the air-con kick in, then chances are the clutch pulley for the pump is fried mate.

Archie

Advanced Member
After mine sat still for about 3mths it wouldnt click in , cant remember if the light was coming on ??? anyway got it recharged by a mobile fitter and it worked fine !!!

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Ok,any ideas were the fuses are at??Also how do i check if the pump is fried???
Think i better get under it and check if i have got any feed to the actual pump is it??if not could i run a sraight 12v to it to see if it turns.
Many thanks in advance :)

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Most modern AC systems have a pressure switch to shut the system down if there's no gas.

If the switch fails the system refuses to start even though it is gassed, might be worth checking.