Alarm problem.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi All.

I have a Cobra Bridge 4100 series alarm which has been on the car since imported in 2010.

Recently I've started having problems. Occasionally but not every time, when opening the car I get five warning beeps.

In the booklet it's shown as a speedometer input/alarm fault.

Anyone had this and eventually got it sorted.

Regards and thanks in anticipation.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
unfortunately , with anything fitted aftermarket that is subject to soldering the joints will only last a certain amount of time before they start to breakdown.
it could be many things but heres some ideas-

-dry or lose joint somewhere - not so easy to check without going through every joint in the loom,
- fault with a door or pin switch - easy to check just remove the switches and disconnect the wire , insulate end and see if the fault goes away
-fault with the alarm unit or one of its components itself- difficult to test of course and the least likely

Rom

Advanced Member
As above.

Bit if the manual says speedo input, I'd be looking behind the clocks first. I've not known any alarms use that though. I guess for hijack, but most use a timed delay after ignition on.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the cobra 4100 uses a pink and black wire for the speedo pulse, i would look at the speedo convertor for a connection to that ,
it would be a lazy way to instal the alarm going directly to the cut wires on the gearbox or behind the clocks (2 types of speedo convertor) but not impossible,
its pretty common for the gearbox one to pack up or start to play up after 5 or so years as often they are located in the engine bay and the connections arnt always correctly sealed from the elements , look for the oem disturbed taping etc, under the airbox near the speed sensor.