Alarm recommendations

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
What alarms are people using? Mine is playing up, battery drain, randomly triggering, and have to be nearly inside the car to unlock it!

Rather just replace than troubleshooting on this as it might just turn into a never ending saga!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

spooke

Advanced Member
I have a Toad AI606 Cat 1 Alarm and Immobilizer which Torque GT supply and fit. It's range is pretty poor but I'm fine with it as it means I can't accidentally have unlocked it as I walk off (I think it auto-locks anyway). They charged £300.00 fitted with the certificate for the insurance.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Clifford Concept 650 MK2.

No complaints with mine and a nice selection of accessories/options to add on should you wish.

Has a proximity beep as well to deter sticky fingered hood rats.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Heard good things about the Toad ones can only say that my Clifford G5 is pretty terrible with the random triggering.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Darren4

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I have a Toad AI606 Cat 1 Alarm and Immobilizer which Torque GT supply and fit. It's range is pretty poor but I'm fine with it as it means I can't accidentally have unlocked it as I walk off (I think it auto-locks anyway). They charged £300.00 fitted with the certificate for the insurance.
Same as above as my car got imported by Torque GT as well. Does what it should and is very loud when it goes off lol.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Toad ai606. Barry at safe and sound fitted mine for around 220 with certificate and additional remote start feature on my dc2. Awesome when you start your car for a few minutes before you get out the house on a snowy winters day.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Cheers gents. Something to start with at least.

I don't need flash, just the ability to unlock the car with remote while stood at the boot would be nice! At the minute I have to walk from boot to drivers door to unlock with remote, so minor, but the most annoying thing about the whole car :)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive got an auto watch alarm. Was cheaper than the toad, the fob looks oem, have see me home lights programmed in so it lights the indicators up, and has a fantastic range. Does have a loud chirp though wich makes so many people jump, but then you can also make it lock and unlock silently too. :) had no issues with ut in 5 years, apart from a random alarm triggering which was caused by myself moving the pin under the bonnet to an inconvenient location. Haha

Was cheaper than the Toad too. Torque GT fitted it.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Toad ai606. Barry at safe and sound fitted mine for around 220 with certificate and additional remote start feature on my dc2. Awesome when you start your car for a few minutes before you get out the house on a snowy winters day.
Another vote for Barry @ Safe n Sound! Top guy who has alarmed many of my cars over the years :)
07985 144166 tell him Emmsy recommend you x

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Barry does a good job but I won't recommend him, I have been trying to contact him for 2 years and he won't answer my calls

type_r_baby

I have used Barry a few times and haven't had any issues although some members have trouble getting through to him. I had the remote start which is handy!

adam.

Advanced Member
My AI606 doesn't flash the indicators anymore, but the alarm definitely arms - anyone had the same?

Also, if I unlock/disarm and then open the passenger door, the alarm goes off after a minute or two if I don't open the drivers door. Very odd !

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Hello All, I thought id start off by reviving an existing thread as there is probably not any point starting a new one.

I should be getting my Teg in a few weeks, and will look to install an alarm as this is required for the insurance company.

I have read most people have gone for the Toad AI606, but wondered if anyone else have used others?

I am interested in getting remote start too, does this affect the security of the car in anyway?

And is this Barry dude still about, and where is he based?

Thanks in advance!

TyperItr

Advanced Member