alignment done still pulling to the left....

coleyteg

Hi,
ive had my dc5 for a couple of weeks and it noticeably puls to left when i accelerate.
I had the front wheel tracking dobne first. Thantdidnt change anything.

I then had 4 wheel alignment done (they were quite a way out) but again, that changed nothing.

The engineers at honda recommended i change all 4 tyres to original bridgestone re050's as that may be the problem (currently has some cheap crappy tyres on original rims)

So far its cost my £80 in total for alignment, with no change.

In gear and coasting the car drives and brakes in a straight line. As soon as i accelerate (slowly or quickly) it pulls hugely to the left....

Any ideas anyone?

I read the first page on the suspension, and presumed it could be the SIA?

any advice would be greatly appreciated guys

thanks
steve

kingston

Advanced Member
think its been covered before, search but its possibly under inflated tryes or wrong weighting

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Hmm, I had this on a DC2 and it turned out to be a sheared bolt in the subframe connecting a suspension mount or wishbone, can't remember exactly. Anyway, basically it behaved exactly as you stated - not cheap to fix...

Would be an odd problem to develop without some kind of impact though - mine was caused by a Spoon lower tie bar that I put in and it kept hitting things, including kerbs - at some point it put too much strain on the OEM bolt it fitted to.

I would say more likely the LSD if it's not a tyre-related problem, can't see why it would only pull under power otherwise. :?

coleyteg

cheers guys,

i'm gonna get the tyres changed back to bridgestone re050's all round first see if that helps, otherwise will have the lsd checked and them bolts aswell...

i have a feeling this car was in a an unrecorded accident... :(

benny

Advanced Member
have you had your bushes checked? it might me the acceleration lifting a worn bush? track rod ends? balljoint? something like that? might be cheaper getting them check first before you start swopping tires? if its a tire problem, rotate your tires, so your left back is on your front right, so th eoffending tire should cause the problem to switch sides???? in theory?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Where did you get the alignment done? And what settings is your suspension set to? You should have got a readout.

bezza4

Advanced Member
coleyteg said:
cheers guys,

i'm gonna get the tyres changed back to bridgestone re050's all round first see if that helps, otherwise will have the lsd checked and them bolts aswell...

i have a feeling this car was in a an unrecorded accident... :(
Bit of a random question for this thread, but where did you buy the car from?

coleyteg

honda in kettering took the car for alignment,
here's the results... (NOTE * = DEGREES)

PREVIOUS FRONT DATA

LEFT RIGHT
TOE 1.2mm -0.3mm
TOTAL TOE 0.9mm

CAMBER -1*11' -0*24'
CROSS CAMBER -0*47'

PRESENT FRONT DATA

LEFT RIGHT
TOE 0.5mm 0.0mm
TOTAL TOE 0.5mm

CAMBER -1*09' -0*25'
CROSS CAMBER -0*44'

PREVIOUS REAR DATA

LEFT RIGHT
TOE -0.1mm 0.6mm
TOTAL TOE 0.6mm

CAMBER -1*48' -0*50'
CROSS CAMBER -0*58'
THRUST ANGLE 0*03'

PRESENT REAR DATA

LEFT RIGHT
TOE 0.7mm 0.9mm
TOTAL TOE 1.5mm

CAMBER -1*48' -0*51'
CROSS CAMBER -0*56'
THRUST ANGLE 0*01'

NOTES ON THE DATA SHEET WERE

"FRONT AND REAR CAMBER OUT CAN NOT ADJUST"
"SEE INVOICE REF/ TYRES"

any advice guys? this was carried out by honda btw...

coleyteg

thanks for the note on the tyres,

i'll take the teg to honda again this week and get em to check the points everyone's mentioned on here.

I bought this dc5 from a guy in County Durham 2 weeks ago.
The only two things that are wrong that i couldn't notice when i bought it are-

the steering is out when accelerating above 60mph...

and the left headlight looks slightly yellower in colour to the right side. definately both HID's. can't really notice by looking straight at them, but when parked up in front of a neutral surface, its obvious....

haven't tried changing bulbs yet, is it similar method to dc2?

if anyone's going to the Honda meet at sixfileds in Northampton this sunday, i will be there to scrounge some advice! :roll:

thanks again guys

btw i have a dc2 if anyone wants it>>>??? :D

coleyteg

i think i've got it sortd....

had another garage recheck the alignment and everything you guys have listed in this thread.
The car is absolutely fine.

They changed the rear matching tyres (crappy mitchelin) for the non-matching front tyres (one bridgestone potenza re050 and a "stunner" tyre?)

there is now only a little drift, but nothing like what it was.
So i think its safe to presume it is definately tyre related.

Just goes to show what cheap crap budget tyres can do for your car. :evil:

But when ur selling i guess you don't wanna buy correct tyres...
So now i gotta get me 4 new tyres.

RE040 CZ?
RE050?

both are £107 each :shock:

the garage guy offered me Avon tyres at £70 each...but i wasn't convinced...

what say you guys?
any idea if i can the Bridgestones cheaper???

Project

Advanced Member
Go for the RE040 CZ thats what i use and whats recommended by honda, i get mine for around £90 each at a tyre shop in milton keynes, you can also get these on www.mytyres.co.uk

spo_gen

Advanced Member
:shock: so you had non-matching tyres on before you got the alignment done?

Not suprised the car was pulling to one side. That was really irresponsible of the previous owner to sell you the car in that condition.

Glad you found the problem!

coleyteg

Yeah non matching tyres.... :?

so i gotta foot the bill for new ones. but thank god its only that and not sumthing much more serious

i'll check out that website for them tyres btw, £90 sounds a lot beta than £107!

Hey PROJECT, soz i couldn't catch up with you today.was gonna pop over, jst ran out of time. You going to the meet on Sunday>?