All the differences between pre facelift and facelift?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I never used to be a fan of the facelifts but after seeing blueguys Dc5 they do look very nice, they look more sleek IMO.

Vindots

Advanced Member
prefacelift looks more aggressive imo, facelift looks like civic?
but yes, gearbox ratio is better. i've watched that 20min video (best motoring international) comparing pre-facelift and facelift.

m1ke

Where is the video dude?

I went for a facelift because they look much more modern, the black strip is soon sorted with a Mugen rear lip.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
From a purely cosmetic point of view I think the Pre Facelift is the better looking car!

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
I have a dc5 facelift gearbox in the garage but it has a different code than my PFL gearbox. Are the ratios different?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Tom has taken out my final drive and it's the same as the pre-facelift.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the UK that has built and rebuilt more DC5 boxes than Tom.
With all due respect, calculating gear ratios by building gear boxes is accurate. Looking at BMI videos is not.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
I have read in a few diferent places that the ratios are different and even in the video i posted the jap's at BMI state it has different ratios and demonstrates this in the mid part of the video, It's a long but good watch.

I am yet to find proof on paper though that the ratios are in fact different

Blueguy I do agree but if it only a minor difference in say maybe forth, would the builder have noticed?

Im determined to find something on paper whether it be the same or not

blueguy

Resident J's whore
To calculate ratios when building/re-building different spec boxes he would need to know the number of teeth of each gear so it's not something you should miss.

Good luck in your quest to find something definitive on paper though :)