Alternative way to fold rear seats?

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
Hi guys. My little nephew broke the toggle/plastic lever that you pull up to allow you to lower the passenger side rear seat...is there any other way to lower the rear seats/this side without using the toggle? Appreciate any help at all! Thanks

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
He's snapped it pretty flush, I've been ambitious and superglued it or else I'd double check but I'm sure only a tiny part of the screw inside is visible. If supergluing fails I'll give that a go, cheers.

Was hoping there was another actual functional way to collapse the seats!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
May be able to go in through the boot and manually try and release the leaver. I imagine trim and various bits of plastic will be in the way however.. unless you‘ve already tried that?

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
That's what I was hoping for mate but there's nothing that seems removable down the sides or backs of the seats, couldn't find anything anyway as was in a bit of a rush earlier. Managed to prise a flat head screwdriver under the screw to pinch and pull the mechanism up, cheers again for the suggestions guys.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
The cable for release is seriously tucked away inside the seat. It's a bit of a pig.

Only other option is to remove the plastic surround around the release button to give you more needle nose room.

Or a dab of more rubbery type silicone/glue to allow a better contact patch on the bond and leave it for 24 hours to set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi guys. My little nephew broke the toggle/plastic lever that you pull up to allow you to lower the passenger side rear seat...is there any other way to lower the rear seats/this side without using the toggle? Appreciate any help at all! Thanks
I have a whole rear seat bench and upper parts spare if you want one cheap mate ?

Carl

BataLeon

Advanced Member
If it snapped off flush could you not superglue on something so you can pull the level again?

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I have the same issue with one of the toggle levers being snapped on my rear seat. I thought it was going to be a real pain to do but it turns out it's actually really easy to grasp the remaining bit of plastic with some pliers and pull it up. Doesn't take too much force to unlatch it. I'm going to make some new toggles on the lathe when I get chance and replace them both.

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
The cable for release is seriously tucked away inside the seat. It's a bit of a pig.
Only other option is to remove the plastic surround around the release button to give you more needle nose room.
Or a dab of more rubbery type silicone/glue to allow a better contact patch on the bond and leave it for 24 hours to set.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Cheers John, I never got that far but I just knew it would be a pain to get to! Will try some stronger glue and say a few prayers

carl hammond said:
I have a whole rear seat bench and upper parts spare if you want one cheap mate ?Carl
Cheers for offering Carl, it seems like more hassle than it's worth replacing the full seat (and hoping that some glue will fix it!) but appreciate the offer, will keep it in mind mate!

BataLeon said:
If it snapped off flush could you not superglue on something so you can pull the level again?
I tried that and failed mate, hoping because the glue I used was useless! The locking mechanism releases goes straight inside the top part of the lever/toggle but I'm not sure if part of it has snapped as it isn't long enough to fit inside the toggle now, if that makes sense!

CW05TEG said:
I have the same issue with one of the toggle levers being snapped on my rear seat. I thought it was going to be a real pain to do but it turns out it's actually really easy to grasp the remaining bit of plastic with some pliers and pull it up. Doesn't take too much force to unlatch it. I'm going to make some new toggles on the lathe when I get chance and replace them both.
Ahh nightmare isn't it?! Do you mean the circular plastic trim that sits on top of the seat underneath the toggle? I tried pulling that off if so and it's pretty solid!! As I said I managed to grab the top of the screw mechanism but that was using a flat head screwdriver to prise it up, I'll probably have to put something inside the hole of the toggle that can glue directly onto the top of the release mechanism!! Mental how something so small and normally taken for granted turns out to be so frustrating haha

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Yea if I get hold of the remaining plastic bit that is still attached to the thread it pulls up quite easily. It's always possible your seat mechanism or latch is jammed further down, hence the broken toggle. I thought this might have been the case with mine until I pulled on it. If it doesn't budge maybe try pulling/pushing the seat back and forth while you grip the plastic bit?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cheers for offering Carl, it seems like more hassle than it's worth replacing the full seat (and hoping that some glue will fix it!) but appreciate the offer, will keep it in mind mate!
I meant just that rear section lol not the whole lot but no probs :)