Am I in trouble?!!!!

booker2003

Any advice or help would be most appreciated. I've had my teg for 2 years now with no problems whatsoever, (touch wood!). But noticed while washing the roof, very small pitting on the paintwork. I owned the car in cyprus for a year before bringing it back here, and it dawned on me that it may not have been undersealed. Is it possiblr its the first signs of corrosion and is it too late to underseal it. If not how much would it cost.
Again any help would be great!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Underseal is applied under the car mate :lol:

I'd take it to TGM mate and let Willie have a gander at it. Any chance of some pics?

booker2003

oops

mmm how silly do I look! :D Not sure if its down to changes in weather. One extreme to the other. Will get it checked out. Don't fancy a respray!! Cheers mate

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Was the car near the sea a lot in Cyprus? Salt in the air near the sea is a killer to cars...

booker2003

was driven to the beach a few times, only seems to have occure on the roof and no where else. Getting all my bodywork touched up soon anyways. want it looking pristine, is tom at tgm good for that sort of work?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
booker2003 said:
was driven to the beach a few times, only seems to have occure on the roof and no where else. Getting all my bodywork touched up soon anyways. want it looking pristine, is tom at tgm good for that sort of work?
Well TGM yes, but it's Tom's brother, Willie who does all the bodywork and spraying. And a mighty fine job he does as well.

benny

Advanced Member
chips away!!!! if its only a few small pittings, bit like stone chips, there your boys, not to expensive either?

booker2003

yes mate, looks like pitting, slightly raised though, thats what caused the concern, hopefully not too costly, want it prisitine for when i sell it next year. Going to the darkside, well s2000!!

booker2003

yes mate, looks like pitting, slightly raised though, thats what caused the concern, hopefully not too costly, want it prisitine for when i sell it next year. Going to the darkside, well s2000!!

vtecbaby

milano_chris said:
booker2003 said:
Well TGM yes, but it's Tom's brother, Willie who does all the bodywork and spraying. And a mighty fine job he does as well.
he does a "fucking awesome" job

here is mine atm

im so proud :shock:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
have you clayed the car at all???

may just be tar, or contaminants, if its raised!

Pitting is exactly that, PITIING

Ie little pits

booker2003

i think i may be worrying over nothing, but will take it down to tgm when i'm back from the desert! Gonna get some pics to him and get a quote

booker2003

i think i may be worrying over nothing, but will take it down to tgm when i'm back from the desert! Gonna get some pics to him and get a quote

Conno

DC5TU said:
have you clayed the car at all???

may just be tar, or contaminants, if its raised!

Pitting is exactly that, PITIING

Ie little pits
I know this may sound daft but it sounds like tree sap, at this time of year if you've had it parked under or nearby trees the sap may have settled on the roof. It used to happen to my car when i went to my mates, it's a right twat to clean off! This is like hundreds of tiny spots and gives the paint a rough pitted feel, get some soapy water on it.

Dave

timp

Advanced Member
maybe a body shop can buff it out? have you taken it to one there must be one near you