Am i missing any important mods?

dave h-b

Hello people, i am having some work carried out on my DC5 next month and wanted to make sure there are not any obvious important mods i have missed off or not thought of.

List of what i have recently done or will be done next month:
Full master bushings kit
Engine mount inserts
JRSC-includes inlet manifold, big injectors, hondata heatshield etc as part of the kit
K100
Gruppe M
Toda exhaust manifold
Toda cat back
Dixcel discs with mintex pads
Eibach pro springs
BC rear camber arms
Spoon upper and lower strutts front and back
BC SS with extender and heaveyweight knob :xyes: :xtsk: :xcry:
Digital dash with oil temp, oil pressure, water temp
Steering wheel boss and new wheel
Baffled sump
Oil catch tank
Oil cooler
Miscellaneous bits-socks, oil cap, rad cap etc
Quaife LSD
Clutch
Braided brake lines
Front camber bolts
Rigid collar for subframe

Just wondering if there was anything i had missed that others would think of as 'needed' or 'obvious' so i can get it sorted out before the car goes in next month, more in regards to under the car than in the car please. The car will still be used occasionally for driving to work and for track days.

Thanks in advance, any help/opinion appreciated.

Stoo

Whining.....
Personally I'd go for kpro over k100 especially charged as it will allow you to datalog :)

Stoo

Whining.....
Oh and if you haven't already, I hav an oil cooler for sale....

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
How about some White Line adjustable ARB drop links? Increase the preloads setting on the ARB :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
personally i would switch the bc short shifter and replace it with a better quality b&m, i also wouldnt increase the length of the shifter, a longer shifter will increase the throw between gears, instead fit some spacers under the oem shifter assembly to get the lever closer to your hand. i would also fit a lighter knob not a heavier one as it will feel better changing gear.

dave h-b

Thanks all for the input :xcheers:
Front camber bolts
How much of a difference will these make, is it for adjustability or durability?

Personally I'd go for kpro over k100 especially charged as it will allow you to datalog :)
Yeah i was unsure about this, i know the only real difference is the USB port, or am i wrong in this? I had one on the EP3 but found i never really used it that much for logging (probably because i had to sell up before i had a chance to really drive it :xcry: )

How about some White Line adjustable ARB drop links? Increase the preloads setting on the ARB :)

Are you selling these perchance, and please forgive my ignorance, but again does that just increase the ARBs performance, and would i need to upgrade my ARBs to feel the difference (should probably upgrade them anyway i guess)

personally i would switch the bc short shifter and replace it with a better quality b&m, i also wouldnt increase the length of the shifter, a longer shifter will increase the throw between gears, instead fit some spacers under the oem shifter assembly to get the lever closer to your hand. i would also fit a lighter knob not a heavier one as it will feel better changing gear.
What is b&m (again forgive ignorance please). I used the heavey knob to help with the increased throw from the extender, have tried it with light, without the extender etc, and have tried the tegiwa SS instead, just felt best with this, but will try out your suggestion too (i am sure you know more than i)

I was gonna say that with better fluid.
Yeah i just forgot these from the initial list, will add them in now.

Is it worth looking at getting a better ball joint ie http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=INTEGRA&year=2001%2B+DC5+INTEGRA+TYPE+R&level1=SUSPENSION+%26+STABILITY&level2=CAMBER+CORRECTION+KITS&level3=&id_product=5483

or maybe some roll centre adjusters http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=INTEGRA&year=2001%2B+DC5+INTEGRA+TYPE+R&level1=SUSPENSION+%26+STABILITY&level2=ROLL+CENTRE+ADJUSTERS&level3=&id_product=6986

I hope its ok linking to products on other sites, just using them for reference. I was also going to move the battery to the boot to make a bit more room in the engine bay, just wondering if anyone had done this and thought it was just a waste of time or whether it was useefull to do?

Thanks again for the input guys and girls.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Front camber bolts will give you adjustability to correct your geo once the front shocks are lowered with Eibachs, much like what your rear camber arms would do

dave h-b

Front camber bolts will give you adjustability to correct your geo once the front shocks are lowered with Eibachs, much like what your rear camber arms would do
Got them ordered, thanks buuuudy one of many things i have probably not thought about in a simple way (was thinking i needed to replace ball joint).

On a side note, had a recent lottery win?
I wish mate, i used to have a turbo EP3 which i had to sell very soon after finishing the build due to buying a house, and i had some parts left after the move which i have recently sold to fund part of it, plus been saving since i got the house a year ago, waiting for the other half to let me get another Honda. Down side is she has literally this last week decided she will marry me after all and has decided she would like a nice wedding too :huh: so i guess i will be back to saving and finding more bits in the shed to sell....... :xlol:

Thinking about it though what has helped most is that we have done some work in Japan this year and were able to use the funds while we were there instead of having to deal with the poor exchange rates atm.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Who's fitting everything and doing the mapping out of interest dude? Sod getting the bill for all that work lol.

Will be a right weapon when it's done though, fair play

dave h-b

Who's fitting everything and doing the mapping out of interest dude? Sod getting the bill for all that work lol.

Will be a right weapon when it's done though, fair play
The fitting of the JRSC and mapping will be done by Guy at CPL racing. They did most of the work on my EP3 Jan 08 car of the month here http://www.cplracing.co.uk/index.php?id=30 and i never had any issues with any of the parts and i was very happy with the tuning making 318bhp on a stock block with 269 torque (benefits of a turbo). I know a lot of people would probably use TDi north or TGM and try find Mase when he is about, but i have used CPL before and not had any issues so thought why not, plus the only time i took the civic to tdi, they did not tighten up the sump plug and i lost over a litre of oil on the drive home :xspank:
Once engine is done and happy with it all, i will probably get the car centre weighted at center gravity http://www.centergravity.co.uk/ and get some decent coilovers on.

I actually got the forcasted bill through yesterday and it did give me pause :lol: :shock: . I actually spent about 5 minutes just staring at the screen before i realised i better run for the loo.