and she comes to life!!

mikegsi

Staff member
as most of you know i traded my jdm ctr for my 2nd teg about a month ago, the ctr had gruppem on, the teg was standard

i was actually preferring the drive of the ctr over the teg, it was just too quiet and didnt seem to have any feel about it, until i put a gruppem on the teg! what a difference!

now i had a gm on my previous teg amongst other things, and am fully aware of the benefits of the gm system, though im now enjoying driving the teg again, i know most of it will be in my head, but why couldnt honda have given even just a little noise as standard!!

cant wait to get the exhaust on on saturday now either!! :D

JT3173

Advanced Member
Sounds good Mike, glad your anjoying the DC5 again!!!

I like mine noisy too, I like listening to the stones ping off the underside, gives the car a more focussed feel if you know what I mean ;)

jay82

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
as most of you know i traded my jdm ctr for my 2nd teg about a month ago, the ctr had gruppem on, the teg was standard

i was actually preferring the drive of the ctr over the teg, it was just too quiet and didnt seem to have any feel about it, until i put a gruppem on the teg! what a difference!

now i had a gm on my previous teg amongst other things, and am fully aware of the benefits of the gm system, though im now enjoying driving the teg again, i know most of it will be in my head, but why couldnt honda have given even just a little noise as standard!!

i couldn't part with 600 or so for a gm
so i got aem v2, put my hand on it one day and it was soaking wet :eek:
so i went for a second hand mugen air box, this felt like it was struggling or something, or just in my head
so next i went for the hondata mod, it is very good, just my airbox got damaged by ice tronix when they fitting my v2 so was never happy with it
so ended going for a second hand GM in the end and have to say it is the daddy :)
just thinking aswell the money i spent on the other 3 i could of had a gm #-o
but lucky enough i sold the mugen for more than i paid for the gm :-"

phil r

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:

glad your enjoying one again what other goodies have you got lined up :)

mikegsi

Staff member
phil r said:
not as much as my last one mate!

so far -

gruppem
kakimoto regu06 catback
spoon gearnob
grooved front discs
ds2500 pads (ds3000 for track)
tgm braided hoses
brembo race fluid
15" black pro race 1.2's with a048's on (for track)

definate future -

b&m short shifter

potential future -

spoon mani
k-pro

trying to keep this one sensible for now ;) :D

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
mikegsi said:
phil r said:
not as much as my last one mate!

so far -

gruppem
kakimoto regu06 catback
spoon gearnob
grooved front discs
ds2500 pads (ds3000 for track)
tgm braided hoses
brembo race fluid
15" black pro race 1.2's with a048's on (for track)

definate future -

b&m short shifter

potential future -

spoon mani
k-pro

trying to keep this one sensible for now ;) :D
Surely you`ve missed off the most important mod Mike......refitting of your Recaro child seat :!: :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
dc5-2ltr said:
Surely you`ve missed off the most important mod Mike......refitting of your Recaro child seat :!: :lol:
aye, that was the first one! think he was more excited than me about going out in it for the 'first' drive!

must add 'get another child recaro seat' to the list too now as well eh! #-o :lol: :D