Anglesey - Review Added

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Chaps

Just spent the weekend at Anglesey circuit, what can I say..

What a great little circuit :lol: :lol:

It's only just over a mile long, but has every thing i.e hairpin, undulation, 2 straights etc etc

The straight along the pit wall, goes into 'School' corner, which is one of the fastest entry speed corners in the UK (well, Wales then :lol: )

I will be returning, its a bit of a trip, but well worth it :D

Mike

T666YPR

Was the track wet when you went Mike?

If so,how well did the car handle on it?

Not keen on any wet trackdays (due to a previous accident) as the weathers so poor lately.But if the car doesn't handle too bad on one I might give one ago as it's been ages since my cars seen a track.

(Granted, tyres and suspension will make a big difference)

Simon

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
T666YPR said:
Was the track wet when you went Mike?

If so,how well did the car handle on it?

Not keen on any wet trackdays (due to a previous accident) as the weathers so poor lately.But if the car doesn't handle too bad on one I might give one ago as it's been ages since my cars seen a track.

(Granted, tyres and suspension will make a big difference)

Simon
Hi Simon

Lets say it was a bit damp :shock:

Car handles quite well in the wet, just make sure you have got a good set of rubber on :idea: (No Toyo's for me now, CRAP). The more experience boys (Honda Rev's) where all running AVS Sports, and they where flying.

Only prob, I got some exhaust vibration going through standing water, but this quite common, just got to deal with it :lol:

A wet day may not be as 'fast', but you can learn more and 'learn' the correct lines of the circuit.

Big lesson I learned this weekend, pay for some general instruction, after I found my self going so much better.

Mike

BTW, I did come off twice, but no damage done to either the car or myself.

truffs

luck boy getting no damage :D was watching the uk drifting competition on TV and one of the drivers in a new MG ZT got it seriously wrong, hit the tyre barrier and flipped upside down, now thats got to be expensive :!:

Im with T666YPR about wet weather and track days. Silverstone was excellent because the run offs are so long.

My equation for track days;

Wet weather + teg +track +me = accident!!!!

dry weather + teg + long run off area + me = FUN!!!!!

:D :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Heres my review:

First corner is School, a long sweeping corner going up hill (you can see the sea, it's close :shock: ). It's rated as the quickest corner on any UK circuit, Cat's can entry corner at 100mph, I managed 70mph after braking.

Then it Abbots, still climbing up hill, then it Radar complex (2 gear), partly up hill then down.

Into the Top Straight, with hard braking at the end for the very tight Hairpin (you have go go way past your normal turn in point, learned this 2nd from last session on Sat).

Then into Douglas complex, left the right turn, using the apex.

Then though Mount View bk to the start / finish straight (you can get near air bourn though, I lost traction a few times).

Got near too 110 going down the straight, before setting up for School corner again.

This is the circuit that Five Gear has used, its cracking. If you go, make a weekend of it, as its quite a distance to travel :idea:

Mike

Circuit map: http://fluke-motorsport.co.uk/images/plans_anglesey.jpg

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Wet Trackdays at Bedford are anormous fun 8) Hoping for rain this saturday, but circuits with little run off are quite scary.

Anglesay is a fantastic circuit loved it in my old CTR, can't remember what I was hitting down the straight, somewhere around 100 IIRC