Annoying rattle

turbo5

Advanced Member
I have looked through the search function a few times and have a few ideas but I haven't still have found out where its coming from. Its gradually got worse, it was only present when I used to lift off the accelerator but its nearly constant now unless I am accelerating hard. I have checked around the gruppeM but Can't find anything.
The noise was there before I changed the cat back exhaust system, the noise is still there now. so the probability of being the zorst is very low. The noise is there when stationary, and also when I depress the clutch.
I think it could be some sort of heat shield although I have had it on the ramps and checked all the heat shields. I am thinking it could be clutch release bearing, or the springs on the clutch plate, it could also be the cat but the noise appears to be coming from the manifold area. I am lost but its really annoying ?

turbo5

Advanced Member
I had 4 new Hankook RS2 tyres fitted today and whilst it was up on the ramps I checked again and it was the Heat shield around the drive shaft. So packed it out and rattle gone.
This had been gradually getting worse for 12 months and was really loud and annoying. I am so glad its fixed.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
It's a silly design to begin with. Honda uses wire mesh type spacers which obviously flatten over time and then causes the rattle ](*,)

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
i think the wire mesh is to help limit rattle but i got my local kwikfit to take mine right off :)
guess what no more rattle!

I have a heat sheild for sale lol ;)