Another awaiting newbie on the lookout

Mikel_L

Hello people, my name is Michael and I am looking deeply into getting a dc5 soon.

Been on the forum looking up information and doing some research while waiting for a preferably cw facelift dc5.

Some great reads and feeds on the forum. Great stuff 😃

Been looking around and waiting, saw one on JM imports and read some reviews on here highly recommending them. I see they offer a discount if a 50% deposit is put down, does anyone know what kind of discount you get?

Look forward to contributing and chatting to you guys

Thanks

beppe786

Beppe
Alright buddy

Torque GT do the same.. check them out.. you pay half deposit and wait for 2/3 months for car to arrive here, they release cash flow and you get a better deal

Mikel_L

Alright, thanks for your quick reply :p

In terms of the deposit though, on JM imports the cars already on sale in the Uk so am guessing, the import process has already taken place. I will get in touch with them both soon, just keeping my eyes peeled for the moment.

Cant wait! Haha!

Modmedia

Advanced Member
You'll love it. I've had 4 lol I've finally realised there is no better car for the price point lol - trust me I've had them all.

Never heard of JM Imports... Torque GT are very highly regarded but I've had no personal experience with either.

Mikel_L

Nice one wkz12, who did you buy from, another forum member?

Certainly some great information on here, hopefully find 'that' dc5 i want within a couple of months

ste01

Advanced Member
Another vote for Torque GT. Got mine through them and couldn't be happier with the car or service I got.

Good luck with the search dude

WatkinsDW

Is torque gt really good then? As I too am looking into having one imported and torn between jm imports and torque gt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Polk Type R

Advanced Member
I used JM-Imports last year to import my FD2 and they are currently importing my DC5 which is due to land this Saturday! :D
Can't recommend them highly enough buddy - they make everything so easy and simple and if you e-mail them with any queries, their response is rapid. The FD2 they found me was (and still is!) immaculate. The DC5 is a funny story - I gave them the deposit to look for cars in Japan and when they find suitable candidates they send pics and info about them to you to let you make your decision. However, they got back to me and said their guy in Japan had bought me DC5 without me seeing any pics or info as in their words "it was too good to pass up and that I would definitely want the car and if for whatever reason I didn't want the car, someone else would snap it up!" So needless to say when I got the pics through of the car at the docks I was amazed and now 6-7 weeks later it's nearly here! Pics of my DC5 at the docks:

So yeah I definitely recommend them - you should check out their Facebook page as well - it's constantly updated with all the awesome cars they're importing and working on and have a look at Jurgen's R35 GTR - the Jun-R1, an absolute beast of a machine. If you have any questions about them, fire away and I'll do my best to help ;)

WatkinsDW

Yeah I do follow them on Facebook and just wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with them on here

My main concern is basically if they both do a really good job with the underseal and wax oil as that is crucial. If one offers a better set up to get you going if you know what I mean. If they both do a decent full service and all that.

So I was curious to know if anyone had. Bad experiences or if they are both just as equally reliable as each other.

ste01

Advanced Member
They both will do a basic underseal and service on the cars. Telling the truth they are both probably just as reliable, the only real factor is what cars come up at auction. They will both buy the best cars available at the time that fit the customers needs.

I preferred Torque GT because I found the guys there to be more helpful. They also seem to provide the most cars, yet have no more negative feedback than the other importers...therefore a higher percentage of happy customers :)

Also if you are worried about underseal and really want to keep the car corrosion free long term then forget waxoyl. Get it replaced with some dinitrol/cavity wax :)

Rom

Advanced Member
Welcome

Ive gone with Torque GT myself. Mines due in Southampton the 15th.
Darren has been great with all my questions, so if it carries on this way, ill be very happy.

Mikel_L

Nice pics polk type r :)

Cavity wax is just a stronger form of underseal then? Do the importers do that for you if requested?

Rom is the dc5 that you are getting on the torque website as in transit? I considered that one but looking for facelift :)

Polk Type R

Advanced Member
WatkinsDW said:
Yeah I do follow them on Facebook and just wanted to know if anyone had personal experience with them on here
My main concern is basically if they both do a really good job with the underseal and wax oil as that is crucial. If one offers a better set up to get you going if you know what I mean. If they both do a decent full service and all that.
So I was curious to know if anyone had. Bad experiences or if they are both just as equally reliable as each other.
Obviously I can only go on the experiences I have had with JM-Imports and I can't fault them. No matter who you choose I'm sure they'll do an exceptional job, so good luck in your search and keep us posted ;)

ste01

Advanced Member
Mikel_L said:
Cavity wax is just a stronger form of underseal then? Do the importers do that for you if requested?
Dinitrol and cavity wax are just a more effective combination. I know people that use it and have done for ages and the cars last miles better than with waxoyl. As far as I know, no importers will do it. It's too time consuming and a lot more expensive.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Another vote for TorqueGT here, they didn't under seal mine but Tom @ TGM did mine and very reasonable price as well, the waiting was terrible though as all i had was pics on the dockside in Japan.......But well worth the wait :)

T.G.

Rom

Advanced Member
Mikel_L said:
Nice pics polk type r :)

Rom is the dc5 that you are getting on the torque website as in transit? I considered that one but looking for facelift :)
I don't think mine has ever been on the website ;)
Pictures were emailed to me. I've never seen it on there.

Underseal is a broad term people use for protecting the car. The only stuff I've seen close to it is tetrosyl under body sealant.

Myself, I use stone chip for floors, arches, panels behind bumpers etc.
This is thick, rubbery, a pain to remove. I like it as it's cheap,tough and easy to use, last I bought was about £25 for 5 x 1 liter tins, but I use a proper air gun. Probably a lot more if you bought aerosol cans.
This is only good for areas like this. You can't use it in box sections, cavities etc. I guess you could use it behind door cards etc. But I wouldn't.

For those sort of areas, I use Dynax S50. I've never been a fan of waxoyl.
I dynax bottom of doors from inside (leaving drain holes clear), inside rear arches, any box sections under the car.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mikel_L

Thanks for the information Rom, need time to get the dc first and see what i can make from that but seems a little technical for me to do myself with confidence haha!

Got in touch with torque gt and they says they will need to source the dc5 through the import process but I am a little worried that I get picky for 'that' dc5 and just gets complicated from there..

Mikel_L

I have decided to go with torque gt. :)

Little update after getting in touch with torque gt, planning on putting a deposit down soon.

I have full confidence in them through reviews and comments on the forum.

Any last tips though? Since its a non refundable £500 after shipping?

Thanks

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Patience mate and plenty of it, it'll feel like an eternity waiting for it to arrive ;)

What colour?

T.G.

Mikel_L

Haha! Yeah and then live off the pictures.. looking for cw dc5

Looking into insurance at the moment too which aint the easiest