Another Clutch Thread

j30l

Advanced Member
Just hold fire on that clutch for a few more days as i've bought one off him on the 10th. We are now the 15th and i payed him straight away, still haven't receive it. I know its not been too long but tbh just let mine come first then if all is well get yourself a bargain. I've just sent him an email so hopefully should be replying shortly.

Grunty

Advanced Member
j30l said:
Just hold fire on that clutch for a few more days as i've bought one off him on the 10th. We are now the 15th and i payed him straight away, still haven't receive it. I know its not been too long but tbh just let mine come first then if all is well get yourself a bargain. I've just sent him an email so hopefully should be replying shortly.
Ah cool.

Wouldn't be buying until Friday at the earliest anyway as I'm away for a few days and Friday is pay day.

mikegsi

Staff member
Let me know too, I'm almost resigned to the fact that I need a clutch too so let me know about these!

Grunty

Advanced Member
Is there anything else I should be looking at changing at the same time?

I was speaking to my mechanic and he mentioned that if the car has a dual mass fly wheel it might be worth changing. He wasn't sure so I said I would try and find out. Becuase apparently dual mass fly wheels are prone to problems on some cars.

gannondc5

Advanced Member
dc5 does not have a dual mass flywheel once theres no major heat spots or wear it should be fine to re use the flywheel

Grunty

Advanced Member
gannondc5 said:
dc5 does not have a dual mass flywheel once theres no major heat spots or wear it should be fine to re use the flywheel
Good stuff. That is what he thought but I said i would check.

Thanks

mikegsi

Staff member
j30l said:

Any update on this?

j30l

Advanced Member
Yeah. Got it yesterday. It looks like a clutch kit :lol:

Delivery was a bit long but when i emailed him he said it should've been with me within 48 hours. So i reckon parcel force just messed up.

There was a sticker on the side of it that said "euro car parts" (eurocarparts.com) 0845 602 2565, so maybe check with them first to see if you could get it a bit cheaper. Cut out the middle man!

mikegsi

Staff member
That's cheap enough like, esp when unit 8 are selling the same kit for about £200 delivered!

mikegsi

Staff member
Checked the part numbers online for my own peace of mind, all matches up so have just bought mine

good spot this otherwise I'd have spent a bit more on one!

Hatton

Hi lads.

I have just phoned and ordered an Exedy OE clutch kit from Euro Car Parts.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda ... lutch-kits

It says it is out of stock but they can order them in. I should have mine in two days. It also shows them at a price of £139.09. However through the phone they said it's only £129 :)

Just thought I would make you all aware :)

Grunty

Advanced Member
CHRIS-R said:
Thats is a decent price like,which garage are you talking about?
Plaidy garage out in Turriff. I doubt anyone else would get it at that price.