Another door lock problem!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I have already suffered from the drivers door actuator failure and replaced the part 2 or 3 years ago, with an OE version.

Over the last year or so it has been a bit sticky during warm weather and does not fully unlock.

Lately, when I lock the car I can hear the central locking system keep clicking as if it is trying to lock the car. Also the interior lights stay on and don't autodim, assuming since it has a locking fault. It can take up to 5 or 6 unlock/locks before it finally works!

The key is easy to turn in the passenger door but very difficult in the drivers door. The lock pin is also hard to lift up and push down.
Does this sound like the actuator may have failed again?? I wonder why it is always the driver side.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I would take the door card out and check to make sure everything to do with the door lock mechanism is clean and greased. Sometimes something stickin will cause the car to keep trying to lock

Totally different car but similar thing my sisters car kept locking and unlocking and the dealer said it need modules and a load of other things. It turned out to be dirt in the switch that just needed cleaned

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It's a complete pain. I lock it and it locks ok and the lights dim, then a second later the lights come on and it keeps trying to lock itself.
I'll strip the door down again and see what's up!

Zani

Advanced Member
I had the reverse of this, my car would keep trying to unlock itself once unlocked.

Turns out the door mechanism is known to go faulty and it doesn't tell the car it has actually unlocked, hence the continuous unlocking.

I would drop it to TGM if you're local, their electrician Paul sorted mine out.

Prepare for your wallet to be bashed with genuine honda locking mechanism!

Regards

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I stripped it down in the end and removed the locking actuator. I then tested the lock again and the rest of the system locked fine, so for now I just have to manually lock the drivers door and auto lock the rest!

I had noticed the casing looked like it almost wanted to pop open each time the actuator worked, so I cracked open the casing and superglued it back together.

I just need to refit it and test it again this weekend.