Another great day at TDI North.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Took the ferry over at the weekend to get some work done on the car at TDI North and then pick up a puppy for the wife.

Had rear Cyberspeed LCA's, Swift engineering ARB's(bought from Matt) and a billet fuel rail fitted by TDI. Also had an engine light which Paul diagnosed as faulty Lambda sensor. He also checked my map as I had a 5Zigen intake fitted since the last one and said the map was still good but he had to adjust fuelling by 3% as it was running a bit lean, he said the intake was drawing more air in.

Can't praise TDI highly enough, charges for the manual work was reasonable and they didn't even charge me for tweeking the map and use of the rolling road and considering they worked on it till 18.00 on a Saturday was pretty generous, guess it is a labour of love for them.

Upshot of it all is that the 5Zigen intake does make a difference and they said it shown on the rolling road and that it would work even better in reality as once over 60mph it would create a ram air effect so great addition to my Mugen airbox.

I know the fuel rail and LCA's are pure bling but look so much better but the Swift ARB's really surprised me. I'm sure it's not just a placebo effect but the car has less roll on high speed corners and handling feels tighter without making the car skitterish. Another mod that has surprised like Poly bushes in my front control arms did, both good mods IMO.

Anyway, Kudos to TDI again and will post pics later if I get chance, even a pic of the puppy for the dog lovers out there.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
pics please. I've been after a set of LCAs and a fuel rail as it happens :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Pics of LCA's and fuel rail, LCA's will look better when I get the tie bar fitted.