Another new DC5 owner

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
Hi,

I'm the fella who's just bought Rob-dc2 black DC5. The car is absolutely mint and I'm over the moon with it, thank you Rob for a good sale.

I've got a CTR thats up for sale, only 5 months old! I have no regrets about trading a new car for an immaculate 4 year old one, I went out in the CTR after the DC5 last night and the CTR felt so tame.

How many DC5 owners on here live around Newcastle?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Welcome, I also made the trade form CTR to DC5, you won't regret it, it's a different animal.

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
HI John,

Hope you made it back ok,

Enjoy the car its a real rare one in super condition :D

Rob

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
Hi Rob,

Made it back fine thanks. The girlfriend loves the car, much more than the CTR, she had great enjoyment seeing off a 182 last night!

You were right about how much attention the car gets. I'm extremely pleased with it, like a kid a christmas.

mikegsi

Staff member
hi mate, ive been told theres a silver one in south shields, then me in darlington mate, but as far as i know thats it, there was another in boro, but he wrecked the engine and basically knacked the car, this could be the one that ended up for sale at tow law, then found its way all over the country via ebay!

woolzwoolz

The Meist_R- im looking to do the same as you- when i find a nice dc5 for sale!
whats the main differences u notice from your ep3?

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Hi :xwavey:

I'm sure you won't be the last to jump ship from CTR to DC5.
Both great cars, but of course all of us here are also biased towards the teg. :)
Enjoy your motor. I can assure you the grin factor will stay for sometime. :D

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr

Hi ,welcome aboard!!I`ve recently sold my CTR (loved it)and am now waiting for my Teg to arrive from Japan via Ben at GT-Culture. I live in East Boldon,in between N/cle and S/land so when it arrives I`ll be in touch! OK?...The main reason that I have moved on from my CTR is that my son got himself a DC2 and after driving it I realized that a DC5 (although not as raw) would do for me...there are just toooo many CTR`s on the road now and the DC5 is sooo rare...can`t wait for it to arrive :D

mikegsi

Staff member
:xwavey:

as posted earlier, there is a silver one in south shields, and me in darlington, afaik thats it at the mo round here :D

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
woolzwoolz said:
The Meist_R- im looking to do the same as you- when i find a nice dc5 for sale!
whats the main differences u notice from your ep3?
Main differences for me are:

The DC5 is rawer, the CTR feels tame in comparison.

The DC5's steering has more feel, although eventually I got use to and liked the CTRs light steering and found it very precise.

The DC5 pulls better at higher speeds.

The DC5's ride is firmer, CTR is more comfortable.

The CTR's gearstick position and preciseness is better than the DC5

The DC5's Brembos, need I say more.

In only a few days, the DC5 has put a much bigger smile on my face than the CTR has ever done.

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:

Hi ,welcome aboard!!I`ve recently sold my CTR (loved it)and am now waiting for my Teg to arrive from Japan via Ben at GT-Culture. I live in East Boldon,in between N/cle and S/land so when it arrives I`ll be in touch! OK?...The main reason that I have moved on from my CTR is that my son got himself a DC2 and after driving it I realized that a DC5 (although not as raw) would do for me...there are just toooo many CTR`s on the road now and the DC5 is sooo rare...can`t wait for it to arrive :D
What colour will yours be? Give me a shout when you get it, I'm only 5 or 6 miles from you.