Another RBC question

raz786

Advanced Member
Remember reading that if you get the RBC you may need to get bonnet pins because of a problem with the RBC getting in the way of the Bonnet Catch? Could someone please shed some light on this situation and also how you solved it exactly, pics would be great too if possible. Asking a lot i know, but would appreciate any help!

Thanx guys and girls :D

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Basically, the plastic stub that holds the bonnet catch is removed. I just rest mine on the RBC. :) With the bonnet closed, it aint going nowhere.

Or you get bonnet dampers.

raz786

Advanced Member
bonnet dampers? or the bonnet pins? Aren't the dampners the hydraulic arms that hold the bonnet open? I'm confused :oops: lol I really need a pic if you've got one :oops:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Correct. Dampers are the hydraulic arms, like the one that holds your boot open.

There a set of dampers for sale actually.

raz786

Advanced Member
but does having the dampers solve the problem of the latch? if so how?? I told you I'm confused, plus i have a CF bonnet so may be tricky

Evs

Advanced Member
What problem with the latch? AFAICS it's only the plastic holder for the stay (that holds the bonnet up) that needs to be removed, it doesn't look like you need to mess with the latch (the bit that locks the bonnet down) at all :?

raz786

Advanced Member
:oops: I thought that it was a problem with the actual bonnet catch (that locks it into place!!!) :oops: thanx Evs for clearing that up for me, and spo_gen sorry for the what i can now see were NOOB questions, thanx for your help mate!

Evs

Advanced Member
I don't think so, just the plastic holder for the stay. I'm only going from the pics someone posted, didin't look like the slam panel had to be modded at all so no probs with the latch.

No harm in asking to check anyway 8) :)

raz786

Advanced Member
Cheers, I think the fact that its not a problem with the locking mech may just have pushed me to buy the RBC :lol: :lol:

Stevieg

Advanced Member
There is no problem with it stoping the lock mechanism :D it's big but not that big :lol:

As everyone says it's only the plastic clip that holds the bonnet stay when it's down.

I removed mine and had bonnet dampers fitted . I currently have none due to me getting a carbon bonnet and the dampers where too strong - i have ordered some new ones for a carbon bonnet but they are taking 100 years to arrive!!!!

You can just see the Tein bonnet dampers i had fitted in this pic:

raz786

Advanced Member
Cheers for that Stevieg, thats for definate now! Also, did you change the gasket as well? Is the hondata one metal or plastic?

neil_integra

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
Basically, the plastic stub that holds the bonnet catch is removed. I just rest mine on the RBC. :) With the bonnet closed, it aint going nowhere. quote]

same here doesnt even rattle

LeeH

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
Cheers for that Stevieg, thats for definate now! Also, did you change the gasket as well? Is the hondata one metal or plastic?
Yes he did, you can see it in the photo. Its plastic FYI.

Lee

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
raz786 said:
Yes he did, you can see it in the photo. Its plastic FYI.

Lee
Yep you can see the white line of the Hondata gasket