Another recommendation for Unit 8

jo3y

I've taken my car to Unit 8 twice now. The first visit was to have a Geo setup done after I'd had the AST coilovers serviced and whilst it was there I'd also asked Mark to try and figure out why the brakes were squealing. The car had already been to TDi North 3 times, who had fitted new pads all round and still couldn't resolve it. Turns out the anti Squeal shims were missing from the front. Mark tapered the front and trailing edges of the pad as a work around and I've not had even a slight squeak out of them since. The second trip was to replace the rear discs and pads, which were nearly completely rusted on the inside edge, how TDi North hadn't spotted this when fitting the new pads is a mystery and to top it off they had fitted the pads incorrectly so they needed to be replaced as well.

Even though I have to drive all the way from Stockport I wont be taking my car anywhere else other than Unit 8 from now on. Full marks for service, price and the work they carry out. (Stevie even cleaned my car! ) I would recommend them to anyone.

Cheers,

Charlie

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
LOL!!

I dont didnt offer to do yours Lee as I would have made it more dirty :lol:

I had some spare time this morning and used it to clean Charlie's car off as a gesture 8)

See you soon hopefully Lee, maybe at our brand new premises mate O:)

Stevie

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Really appreciate this mate, its great to get good feedback on the DC5 forum and I really hope to see you again mate.

We try and offer a good, honest and reliable service to all of our customers and would love to see more member down our way in the future if possible.

Our new premises should be more impressive and certainly larger.

Many thanks Charlie, always a pleasure :)

Stevie

jo3y said:
I've taken my car to Unit 8 twice now. The first visit was to have a Geo setup done after I'd had the AST coilovers serviced and whilst it was there I'd also asked Mark to try and figure out why the brakes were squealing. The car had already been to TDi North 3 times, who had fitted new pads all round and still couldn't resolve it. Turns out the anti Squeal shims were missing from the front. Mark tapered the front and trailing edges of the pad as a work around and I've not had even a slight squeak out of them since. The second trip was to replace the rear discs and pads, which were nearly completely rusted on the inside edge, how TDi North hadn't spotted this when fitting the new pads is a mystery and to top it off they had fitted the pads incorrectly so they needed to be replaced as well.

Even though I have to drive all the way from Stockport I wont be taking my car anywhere else other than Unit 8 from now on. Full marks for service, price and the work they carry out. (Stevie even cleaned my car! ) I would recommend them to anyone.

Cheers,

Charlie