Another sticky plate thread

LeeH

Advanced Member
I keep having the odd run in with the law due to my sticky plate.

The last 'chap' who stopped me said it wasn't legal due to the fact it has no BS number on it. Fair point but WTF?

Does anybody know a company that will print the relevant info on a sticky to keep the rozzers off of my back?

V7MAT

clean freak
I'm not sure you can get a British STD sticky Lee. Lincolnshire cops are mega twitchy about plates, unlucky :-/

firthy22

Advanced Member
It's a sad fact about our country that the police worry more about a BS number on a plate rather than solving real crimes. Does it really matter at the end of the day as long as the Reg number is clearly readable ?? Guess we are easy targets for these power mad wannabe's :(

Just get the BS number for a standard plate, I doubt they'll even know what the actual BS should be. If you don't want a new plate then print the BS number on a tape machine (like the label machines they use in offices) and stick that in the corner of your existing sticky plate.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
If the dimensions are correct you should have no trouble with a sticky.

Where did you buy the plate from?

Some of my mates have got away with it by stating that they are imported plates. ie bought from a source that wouldnt know to put a BS number in the corner.