Anoying noise

JT3173

Advanced Member
Over the last few days the Teg has developed a noise, like a vibration I think accross the passenger and drivers foot well.

It seems to happen at low speed when I back off the throttle, like a scraping and vibration, you can hear it and feel it.

It only happens at low speed when I back off, just wondering if anyone new of anything it could be.

Cheers,

James

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i think people used to have a problem with the ecu bracket coming loose and buzzing, but it has been a while since i've heard of it,
but if it is external then the exhaust heatsheilds are common

another_ronald

Advanced Member
Hi I developed the same noise at low speed last night after taking parents out for dinner. I did a quick search here and this may due to the top mount.

another_ronald

Advanced Member
Hi I developed the same noise at low speed last night after taking parents out for dinner. I did a quick search here and this may due to the top mount.

JT3173

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
Check out this thread, I had something similar, sounds as though it's coming from the same place... HTH

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Your a legend mate, I thought it could be something to do with the steering rod or axle because when I drove it today I could feel it again and it does it a fair bit when you turn the wheel.

I am glad to know it is easily fixable and not serious, I will get onto it this week when I change the light bulb again, only the 4th set in 14months of ownership at 50 euros a chuck :evil:

I also cannot believe how clean the underside of StevieG's car is :shock: :shock:

LeeH

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
i think people used to have a problem with the ecu bracket coming loose and buzzing, but it has been a while since i've heard of it.
That happend to mine but the bolt was missing :?