Anti roll bar adjustment?

integraleo

Advanced Member
I had my flexi replaced on my dc sports mani recently and it had been knocking on the anti roll bar for a while. The mechanic said I might be able to get different drop links (I think that's what he said) to give a bit more room so it doesn't knock. Apparently he done same thing on a BMW using a different manufacturers ones that gave more room. Anyone know anything about this or done similar? The knocking is doing my head in! I've had new engine mounts fitted all round and even tried solid mounts too but nothing fixed it so it's not those before anyone asks

cmhshek

Advanced Member
I{ have this problem as well mate.

As you say it gets really annoying..even looked at different ARB's but they all seem to be the same shape.

Makes me wonder though why only a select few have this issue with the DC sports?

integraleo

Advanced Member
It's getting to the point I want to bend the bloody bar!! Have various rattles to sort soon,the biggest being bumper. It's a never ending battle

integraleo

Advanced Member
spooke said:
You can get adjustable drop links from Eightspeed,

http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/Drop-Links-1.html

I'm unsure their effect on the anti roll bars though but if your lowered I presume the angle of them has changed anyway.

Edit - Have a quick read, (not the most reliable source but you get the idea)..

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=135&t=1434729
Just read that and second from last post talks about not fouling chassis... I'm thinking that might be the key. I'm lowered 30mm on eibachs so maybe these could be the answer if anyone can confirm?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Skunk2 alpha series come with replacement brackets to adjust the ARB...might be worth looking into that.

jrscho

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Wouldn't the drop links I posted do same job?
Even if they worked the same, would you trust some Ebay stuff on a supercharged car..

integraleo

Advanced Member
jrscho said:
Even if they worked the same, would you trust some Ebay stuff on a supercharged car..
Drop links are not expensive. Just because they are on eBay doesn't make them terrible. I'm running eBay camber arms too...been on the car 3.5 years so far with no issues

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Drop links may stiffen the roll bars. But they won't move it in relation to the manifold, due to where it's mounted to the chassis.

Slightly different brackets (as mentioned above) are your best bet.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

integraleo

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Drop links may stiffen the roll bars. But they won't move it in relation to the manifold, due to where it's mounted to the chassis.
Slightly different brackets (as mentioned above) are your best bet.
But they are adjustable, even states in the description that they can stop anti roll bar from fouling the chassis... If it does that then it's moving it

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Also, I was convinced I had this on my ep3 too. Turned out it was the manifold slightly fouling the rear gearbox mount under certain loads / vibration.

Worth checking too!

integraleo

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Also, I was convinced I had this on my ep3 too. Turned out it was the manifold slightly fouling the rear gearbox mount under certain loads / vibration.
Worth checking too!
Thanks,it's been checked up on the ramp twice in a week and it's definitely the anti roll bar

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
But they are adjustable, even states in the description that they can stop anti roll bar from fouling the chassis... If it does that then it's moving it
Thinking about it, the adjustment in the ends may slightly move the kink in the front bar. Can't imagine it's got much movement before fouling the opposite way though.

jrscho

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Drop links are not expensive. Just because they are on eBay doesn't make them terrible. I'm running eBay camber arms too...been on the car 3.5 years so far with no issues
I guess that's good then! Majority of people you hear buy Ebay stuff then breaks a week later and they complain when they buy cheap lol