Any alternative for OEM honda ballast?

CJN

Advanced Member
truupR said:
bleh, just got the kit today - dropped all the front bumper off, go the light out annnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd - the ballast connection doesn't fit lol :< didn't have anyone with any electrical experience to hand so had to refit it all with no new hid kit on it :( luckily a mate had just got his angel eyes so has loaned me his passenger-side light with the working ballast so I don't get pulled in the meantime
You know what, my driver side ballast has been playing up for months. I hate driving around with one light working, it bugs me so much.

I bought a second hand ballast from Paul on here, but haven't got it fitted yet. I've had it 2months now. :xaiweb6:

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
CJN said:
You what my driver side ballast has been playing up for months. I hate driving around with one light working, it bugs me so much.

I bought a second hand ballast from Paul on here, but haven't got it fitted yet. I've had it 2months now. :xaiweb6:
Paul 16v who broke the black one? funny i bought the other ballast but found it was a wiring fault so no longer need it lol

CJN

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
Paul 16v who broke the black one? funny i bought the other ballast but found it was a wiring fault so no longer need it lol
Yeah, haha. I hope it's just the ballst... It sometimes works when I first set off in the morning, but after 10-15mins it cuts out and I have to switch them on and off all the time. Grrr.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
mines was bad like that then died it seems that due to the mess that the importer left with my wiring some water had got in and the connectors had rotten, stripped back and fixed and works fine now. but it did present like a blown ballast.

CJN

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
mines was bad like that then died it seems that due to the mess that the importer left with my wiring some water had got in and the connectors had rotten, stripped back and fixed and works fine now. but it did present like a blown ballast.
I wouldn't have a fudging clue how to do that. I'll have to see what TGM say, if I can get in there for my next service which is due.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
honestly wasnt that hard to do but saying that ive stripped and assembled my front end and light units god knows how many times lol

CJN

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
honestly wasnt that hard to do but saying that ive stripped and assembled my front end and light units god knows how many times lol
Saying that, I know a guy who rewired his campervan and is usually more than willing to help me out. He'll probably laugh and do it with his eyes closed.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
could be worth a shout.

Oh BTW if anyone in this post wants to stay OEM and needs a ballast mine is going cheap like as i've no need for it and its sitting here.

truupR

Advanced Member
If you have to switch it on and off then yeah its the ballast. That's how mine started then just died completely :( Don't think the ballasts are meant to last past 10 years :p Got a bloke coming around in the next few days to cut and refit the connections so I can finally get these HID's on. Now I just need to set aside £400 for a new set of headlights :/