Any Common Coolant Leak Issues???

gaza4

Advanced Member
Had the get the teg recovered tonight because of overheating. Pulled into a petrol station to let it cool/investigate. Rad looked low so bought a liter of coolant to top it up, drank the whole thing!!! Chanced driving a lil further, temps were goin too high again. Pulled over and called a truck. Could see coolant dripping from the plastics at the front of the engine but it was too dark to investigate any further.
Anything common to be looking for or starting with??? If its nothing obvious like a huge crack somewhere!!!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Check the bottom of the expansion tank I know they're prone to cracking and leaking.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jpstyper

Advanced Member
The metal pipe from the thermostat where it goes to the throttle body they crack along there had that before was a pain to find had to fill the car and let it run till you could see it squirting out when warmed up

Liam

Advanced Member
The plastic top or bottom of the radiator is likely to be cracked imo - mine went without warning and it seems to be a common thing. The rad is conveniently hidden by the front bumper so I'd get that off for a look.