Any experience of a motorised screen HU?

Newty

Advanced Member
Hi there....

I am pondering getting a single DIN HU with a motorised screen. Wanting to fit the HU in the bottom half of the Double DIN gap, while putting a single DIN in the top half. I notice the 'lean' on the dash and am wondering, combined with the lean-back of a motorised screen, if it will work? Anyone done this?

Also, where to get the single DIN pocket/recess thingy?

Thanks.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
check my pics on my stereo here.... its got a single DIN in the top slot and another on the bottom with the flip-out screen.

only issue is when the screen is up it covers the bottom half of the heater controls..

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14010

I picked up a pocket from ebay as I was going to swap it out for a normal faceoff stereo but think I'll kept the original now ...(you get the surround bit with the kit too but you don't need it)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-2005-ACURA-R ... dZViewItem

impne

Advanced Member
Mine is the same as Stu's, it hit the controls at first but you can adjust the tilt that is sits at so no problem.

Stu...how have you got your screen to work?

I have a thread below this one as having problems getting the picture to work.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
seen your post about the playstation not working but its not really something that I would add.

only used it for displaying mp3 track names and tuning the radio, just keep forgeting to take a dvd out to the motor to try it...

I nearly bought your motor from andy :D as I had first refusal on the blue ones as I had been waiting for ages due to a lack of blues at auction..
wanted a 2003 model so waited another few weeks for mine but was tempted due to the low miles...

impne

Advanced Member
Only reason I have connected a ps2 is to keep the cost down as I didn't want to buy a dvd player to go with it.

Is yours a dvd/screen in one? mine is a screen on it's own as it also came with 4 other kenwood player type things that ran to the screen but these only worked in Japan so I've removed them. Just trying to get the screen to work temp until next year when I'll sort it all out properly.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
bottom din is a DVD/CD/radio + flip out screen

top din is a DVD with removal harddrive & flash memory reader (not got this to even switch on yet...think the power must have came out the back when andy was fitting the band expander.

if I can't get it to work i'll take it out and put the pocket in its place...

impne

Advanced Member
It maybe that Andy has removed some of the wiring?? he did with mine...I couldn't believe how much came out of it.