any ideas what causes this??? funny headlight problem

benny

Advanced Member

my left head light isnt working, and both my main beams are slightly on, there are flickering, when i put on the main beam the left one goes out and the right one comes on full, the litle blue light on the dash to tell me there on isnt working either???? just done 670 miles in a day have i fried them??????

logik

Advanced Member
Yeah that seems odd alright. As Badbadtz has said, maybe start at the cables.

benny

Advanced Member
i thought it may be the earth, just need to find it, is there a possibilty a duff bulb is causing it?

benny

Advanced Member
a fuse has gone, so thats now sorted, the main beam is off and works properly now, but my drivers side lilght isnt working, how on earth do you remove the headlamp unit!!!! ive undone the screw that holds the bulb in but it wont come out?? ive found 2 of the screws that hold the unit in there easy its on top!!! there are two more one on the side and underneath!!!! HELP! icant feel my hands now there that cold!!

benny

Advanced Member
figured out how to remove the headlamps, the bumper comes off!!! swopped bulbs and the bulb worked, they both worked!!!!!

all this to find out ive got a loose wire somewhere, put it all backtogether and it still notworkin, so i gotta take it all apart again! joy of motoring