Any importers in North West of England?

Rayman

hi, new to the forum, the DC5 is awesome, I would really love one some time in the future.
Has anyone used or know of any importers in the North West, say around Manchester or around Lancashire/merseyside area?
Also how did the transaction go if anyone has imported thru a north west dealer?

Thanks everyone! :)

Zero7

Advanced Member
Try Langtree, I got my car off them and they were ok to deal with and the car was as described on the phone.

Rayman

Thanks will check that out!!
Any more people know of, ive been searching the topics its quite difficult tho?

Cheers

Chris

Kenetic

just to let you know.

dunno if you found their website:

Click here for langtree garage website

Been to see these guys, alot of nice cars and extremely helpful

Hope this helps

Craig

Rayman

Thanks Craig, yeh i did find there website after quite a lot of searching, i was quite impressed! have you bought off these guys, they seem fairly high on sticker price but give a 12 month warranty so i like the look of it!

Zero7

Advanced Member
Rayman said:
Thanks Craig, yeh i did find there website after quite a lot of searching, i was quite impressed! have you bought off these guys, they seem fairly high on sticker price but give a 12 month warranty so i like the look of it!
They did give me a decent part ex price on my golf.

dan the man

Advanced Member
GOT MINE FROM A GUY WHO BRINGS odd bits in from japan. he goes to view the cars, well he did mine before he buyts etc.

super sound guy and a great value for money. My car is spotless and perfect.
he lives near blackpool and can only highly recomend. a true enthuisiast who did everything right with it..conversion, alarm etc..

pigin shit me/!

dan

Rayman

dan the man said:
GOT MINE FROM A GUY WHO BRINGS odd bits in from japan. he goes to view the cars, well he did mine before he buyts etc.

super sound guy and a great value for money. My car is spotless and perfect.
he lives near blackpool and can only highly recomend. a true enthuisiast who did everything right with it..conversion, alarm etc..

pigin sh*t me/!

dan
Yeh a few people ive Pm'd have been using these type of suppliers to bring there cars into the Uk. In the end i will probable sway towards a dealer with a premises not that they are more trustworthy but just in case abything was to go wrong. im hoping to get some sort of warranty with the car even if its just 6months etc. :roll:
Its good to hear how everyone is sourcing there cars here in the North West keep em comin! thanks for the comments

Cheers

Chris :)

Rayman

Zero7 said:
Tell me more Zero? :?: What sort of price did they give you compared to what you where expecting on your golf? And did you manage to get any money knocked off the sticker price at all? Will they budge?
:eek:
Cheers!

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Rayman said:
Zero7 said:
Tell me more Zero? :?: What sort of price did they give you compared to what you where expecting on your golf? And did you manage to get any money knocked off the sticker price at all? Will they budge?
:eek:
Cheers!
Hi,

I also got mine from Langtree. Yes the showroom price can be high. When I was getting mine there weren't as many places to choose from up here.
They did do a major price drop after having them in a while and the p/x was book price / about £500 over.
The guys there were good to deal with and if you need to go down the p/x rout they are certainly a good local option.
As Dans says there are other choices which are possibly cheaper and with quality cars.
I think it's rare that anyone needs to call on warranty cos most of the imports have done so few miles. Nice for piece of mind though i guess.

Good luck in your search and don't forget there's a few of us up here if you wanna meet up sometime.

Rayman

chris cc said:
Hi,

I also got mine from Langtree. Yes the showroom price can be high. When I was getting mine there weren't as many places to choose from up here.
They did do a major price drop after having them in a while and the p/x was book price / about £500 over.
The guys there were good to deal with and if you need to go down the p/x rout they are certainly a good local option.
As Dans says there are other choices which are possibly cheaper and with quality cars.
I think it's rare that anyone needs to call on warranty cos most of the imports have done so few miles. Nice for piece of mind though i guess.

Good luck in your search and don't forget there's a few of us up here if you wanna meet up sometime.
Thanks for the meet offer chris, that would be great some time ive just gotta concentrate on getting the pennies together first then obviously the car! Im saving my nuts off, :D mite be a while yet but hopefully i can sort it soon!
Thanks for the info on Langtree sounds good to me! :lol: