any one noticed with the rbc how many miles to the gallon?

benny

Advanced Member
had mine fitted the other day, wow what great noise it makes, it whistles, the when the v-tec kickes in it sounds pretty amazin!
but it now drinks fuel, but it will,
any one worked out any figures on how many miles to a gallon your now gettin, i think the days of me hittin 40 to a gallon on long runs are now gone haha, oops!

jay82

Advanced Member
its prob you putting the foot down harder to hear the sound :lol:
mine was drinking more the week i got it fitted :D

JT3173

Advanced Member
benny said:
LeeH said:
You need KPRO.
got it mate! i need a lighter foot lol
As per LeeH, you need KPRO to sort this out!!

I have RBC, 70mm throttle body, Custom BC CAI, KPRO, cams and piston work and a healthy dose of 275bhp and I still see 330-350 :eek: \:D/ to a tank on a long journey at 70mph on the motorway, yes I get a little less than when my engine was not as powerful but not much less.

Just dont boot it so much, unless needed ;)

Jayk

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
benny said:
LeeH said:
You need KPRO.
got it mate! i need a lighter foot lol
As per LeeH, you need KPRO to sort this out!!

I have RBC, 70mm throttle body, Custom BC CAI, KPRO, cams and piston work and a healthy dose of 275bhp and I still see 330-350 :eek: \:D/ to a tank on a long journey at 70mph on the motorway, yes I get a little less than when my engine was not as powerful but not much less.

Just dont boot it so much, unless needed ;)
If you have had an RBC you need to re-map the KPRO, compared to your old map it will be well out.

James i dont know how you do it, my last DC5 was just intake/mani/exhaust/kpro and all i was achieving was 240 max to a tank :oops: and mine was part throttle mapped very well too. I think like benny i had leadfootitus.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I'm still getting 33+mpg, 35+ when it's mostly motorway, same as before the RBC/J's TB/remap.

alucardo

Advanced Member
Also side note myself and lockwood at cadwell used about the same amount of petrol and I dont have an rbc just kpro spoon mani mugen zhorst .

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Yeah, you're still running a cat though dude, so that could account for slightly worse economy on your car.

benny

Advanced Member
its been kpro'd and remapped, all done at tdi north, just seamed to use hell of a lot more juice than before?

neil_integra

Advanced Member
40 per gallon????? My god i must have a heavy foot at 22 miles to the gallon after Kpro. But then again i drive mainly at off peak times and middle of night on fast A and B roads.

benny

Advanced Member
Dc5Dub07 said:
benny said:
it whistles, the when the v-tec kickes in
I'd be worried about that, did you get the Hondata Heatshield gasket?
yeah fitted just the air being sucked up through the aem you can hear, does sound good!
managed 73 miles on the way to tdi north(with new bits fitted), then 53 on the way back, each time to a tenner, so thats 126 miles to 20 quid! hmmmm
on the way it got driven harder as i saw a new civic type-r and showed him whos boss lol, drove it easier on the way back and got less mpg! grrrr, im just gonna have to hammer it everywhere! lol